M90 Eaton from 2000 GTP

XR7

Does this Eaton from a 2000 Pontiac GTP have the coated rotors?

Would this rotor pack slip into my SC Case, For instance if I purchased an MPx case form Magnum Powers?.

Thanks for Looking, an helping out

While the coating is good to help blower efficiency, some of the guys recently starting noticing this coating sitting in their intercooler. Some feel its because of the amount of OD'ing they are doing and the coating is peeling off with the heat and rpm's.

I believe since then Charles has tightened up the tolerances on the MPX case to use non coated roaters because of this issue.

While the coating is good to help blower efficiency, some of the guys recently starting noticing this coating sitting in their intercooler. Some feel its because of the amount of OD'ing they are doing and the coating is peeling off with the heat and rpm's.

I believe since then Charles has tightened up the tolerances on the MPX case to use non coated roaters because of this issue.

I see....

Thank You for the information...

However, I did not get an answer of Yes or No, if the 2000 GTP Coated rotors will work or not....

I can only assume by your informative response, the answer is Yes they will work... However..... Quote in your response after the however...

Am I safe to assume?...

yes they will work but you do have to relocate one of the line up dowels on the gtp rotor pack as thery are in diagonal locations where as on the sc case the dowels are located at the top corners.

yes they will work but you do have to relocate one of the line up dowels on the gtp rotor pack as thery are in diagonal locations where as on the sc case the dowels are located at the top corners.

That's what I needed to know, Thanks a bunch...

But honestly, after reading fturner's post... I think I am a bit skeptical about doing that now.. Coated maybe nice.. But sounds like it could be a hassel too..

Thanks Guys

Back