trans problem

sc2nv

hi guys, hope someone can help. I've got a 95sc auto when i put it in d from P,N.R their is a delay before it actually goes into gear.I do have a pa valve body but that problem exist before. thanks neil..

Whats a PA valve body ?

Check and make sure your fluid level is correct. That could have alot to do with the engagement of the transmission from park to drive.

Otherwise, there is normally a small delay, maybe a couple seconds but not too long. Modifying the seperator plate in the valve body can bring a faster engagement into gear as long as there isnt anything else wrong internally.

- Dan

Seems fine, My 94 auto does the same thing, at long lights when I have it in neutral that green light can catctses me off guard and I drop into drive, give it gas and forgot about the delay, either spining the wheel and or going a bit sideways.:cool:

A long delay can be an indication of a problem. Have you changed the transmission fluid recently? A plugged filter will increase delay time and can lead to failure.

hi guys, hope someone can help. I've got a 95sc auto when i put it in d from P,N.R their is a delay before it actually goes into gear.I do have a pa valve body but that problem exist before. thanks neil..

I do not know to your question... But...

How did you get into D by going to P,N,R

Isn't it in the order of P,R,N, an then D?

I think what he is saying that there is a delay from any gear to drive and not necessarily in the order he wrote it.

Back