PDA

View Full Version : Mr.floyd

dwayne
01-12-2008, 11:27 PM
Removed for incorrect spelling Ms. P.

Duffy Floyd
01-12-2008, 11:32 PM
The only reason membership access has been removed for pap is because we aren't sure who is using his membership. We have had posts from his brother saying he is dead...updates from you and from Pap himself apparently.

I thought this issue had been resolved but apparently it has not since you are unable to access the Member's Forum. I was not the one who removed his membership account but have been aware of the issue. I will contact the person that did revoke membership access and try to figure out what to do to have it restored.

I will be moving this thread to the "Sccoa.com Website" Forum tomorrow.

dwayne
01-13-2008, 12:03 AM
Removed for incorrect spelling Ms. P.

Jacob_Royer
01-13-2008, 12:55 AM
Ohh geeze not more of this???

David Neibert
01-13-2008, 12:56 AM
Glad to hear Pap is okay.

David

Want2LearnTBIRD
01-13-2008, 02:16 AM
any one notice the pap family have the worst grammar and typing skills in the world?

Young-SC-Owner
01-13-2008, 02:23 AM
and kinda grouchy!!!:eek:

the-big-e
01-13-2008, 12:52 PM
Most wives of SC owners seem to get kinda grouchy at times.....

She already posted that she HATES his SC.....:eek:

Go figure......:rolleyes:

Pap,

Hope you have a quick and speedy recovery......

Young-SC-Owner
01-13-2008, 01:53 PM
oh they wil never understand...:D

its because its our "other" women

mannysc
01-13-2008, 07:35 PM
Dave and Duffy good post yeah guess he has her posting he is alright and he will be back soon thank god .

my wife hates my SC and all sccoa members also but thats her problem glad
Pap is doing better.
sorry some here are so critical of spelling and such

I have family inlays that are from Nebraska some from the Cajun area of the USA and they speak indifferent style than most here you guys get critical of grammar but to me its all relative to where you live or were raised my Cajun family Say some stuff that is worded differently than I'm used to .

its like French or Spanish or my wifes family in Nebraska with their don't cha know .

+ pap is not used to the computer or INTERNET . but has great taste in cars .

he just had his leg cut off bad enough luck and you guys want to talk smack when he is still-in hospital?

man I ma little let down i expected much more of my fellow sccoa family.

you know id give my shirt off my back for most of you and love the hell out of all you guys but seems like poor pap gets it from his health the doctors and now you guys a place he likes very much and people he likes he is SO very interested in letting us know he i alright he cares for us he thinks of us and a bunch of friends or family and gets treated like this .

this man this guy I never met offered me money to help me out of a situation i was in he offered to give me get this GIVE me $1000 no strings .

give me a stranger money me a guy who messed up he offered me money .

he did that from his heart he made me feel like there was hope for this club never took his money because I'm not a user and its just not right to do something like that .

but he is a true best kind of most like person Ive ever met sorry guys but he has my had my back he offered to help me and ill owe him for the rest of my life for being the one who made me stick around here when i wanted to leave.

so don't be so harsh on him please he is like a brother to me we never met we never did business but he did touch my soul his UN asked for offer of help made me proud to have met him well sort of met please be cool guys when you talk about him you hurt people like me

Capt.Trunks
01-13-2008, 07:48 PM
dave and duffy good post yeah guess he has her posting he is alright and he will be back soon thank god .

my wife hates my sc and all sccoa members also but thats her problem glad
Pap is doing better.
sorry some here are so critical of spelling and such

I have family inlaws that are from nebraska some from the cajon area of the usa and they speak indifferent style than most here you guys get critical of grammer but to me its all relitive to where yuo live or were raised my cajun family ay somestuff that is worded differently than im used to .

its like french or spainish or my wifes family in nebraska with their dont cha know .

+ pap is not used to the computer or internet . buthas great taste in cars .

he just had his leg cut off bad enuff luck and you guys want to talk smack when he is stillin hospital?

man Ima little let down i expected much more of my fellow sccoa family.

you know id give my shirt off myback for most of you and love thehell out of all you guys but seems like poor pap gets it fromhis health the doctors and now you guys a place he likes very much and people he likes he is soo very interested in letting us know he i alright he cares for us he thinksof us and a bunchof friends orfamily and gets treated like this .

this man this guy I never met offered me money to help me out of a situation i wasin he offered to give me get this GIVE me $1000 no strings .

give me a starnger money me a guy who messed up he offered me money .

he did that from his heart he made me feel like there wa hope for this club inever took his money because im not a user and its just not right to do something like that .

but he is a true best kind of most like person ive ever met sorry guys but he has my had my back he offered to help me and ill owe himfor the rest of my life for being the one who made me stick around here when i wanted to leave.

so dont be so harsh on him please he is like a brother to me we never met we never did busines but he did touch my soul his un asked for offer of help made me proud to have met him well sort of met please be cool guys when you talk about him you hurt people like me

wow manny thats a mouth full , but i can understand because how i used to be

mannysc
01-14-2008, 02:23 AM
sorry to be such a old fart but this man served his country so .
guys like us could live free and be able to post crap about him.

he would probably fight for your right to talk smack he is that kind of guy.

he deserves much more respect than he has gotten here.

this is not some chat line or my space where people run each other down its a club A group of people getting together to help each other out. not bash over typing skills.

how would you like it if people treated your dad like this treat him like you would your own dad .
with respect for his age his accomplishments how he served his country over and over again.

txsc
01-14-2008, 11:23 AM
Near as I can tell, he just started posting here to sell a car. And then posted it all over every forum. From what I see, he's not entering into discussions about SC-specific topics; just trying to sell his car by wallpapering the ad everywhere, and picking fights with people:

http://www.sccoa.com/forums/showthread.php?t=95014

It appears that all these "family members" are the same person, as the spelling, grammar, syntax, etc. are all pretty much the same. IF he's a veteran, then I applaud his service. Many have served, and we all owe a great debt to them. However, military service is not a free "be rude, and then throw it in everyone's face" card. I know MANY present and former service members who contributed in great ways, and are very humble and self-depreciating about it, and would never use it to justify less than honorable behaviour.

So, if he wants to post here, he's more than welcome in my book. But, I just wish he'd stick to the topic at hand: SUPER COUPES, spare the drama, and try and craft readable posts. Every computer I've ever seen has a backspace key and spell check...

JD

mannysc
01-14-2008, 01:11 PM
[/FONT]
Near as I can tell, he just started posting here to sell a car. And then posted it all over every forum. From what I see, he's not entering into discussions about SC-specific topics; just trying to sell his car by wallpapering the ad everywhere, and picking fights with people:

It appears that all these "family members" are the same person, as the spelling, grammar, syntax, etc. are all pretty much the same. IF he's a veteran, then I applaud his service. Many have served, and we all owe a great debt to them. However, military service is not a free "be rude, and then throw it in everyone's face" card. I know MANY present and former service members who contributed in great ways, and are very humble and self-depreciating about it, and would never use it to justify less than honorable behaviour.try spelling this right your selfits behavior

So, if he wants to post here, he's more than welcome in my book. But, I just wish he'd stick to the topic at hand: SUPER COUPES, spare the drama, and try and craft readable posts. Every computer I've ever seen has a backspace key and spell check...

JD
look at bold print in your post obove you have a problem too
if you look at the other post you can see he is attacked first .

he does not have a good understanding of how this forum works or the proper place to post his post .

his wife did not have any idea where to post. some of us here asked him to keep us posted as to what his health is .

David N. Jim demmitt, and I are some of the ones that asked him to let us be notified of his status ,

I have seen him attacked for his spelling or grammar since post one.

this is not a literary forum its a car club yes he is selling his SC so did I big deal.

I don't stick up for many people but he is one of them.

I know if my leg was removed and i was in hospital on pain meds the last thing id worry about is did i dot my I,s or put a comma here.

if this was XR7 Dave or David N. or Duffy nobody would say anything if his grammar was off or he swayed from the topic.

guess I'm old school we used to treat our elders much better .

still do i sit in at convalescent hospital on week ends and play checkers and listen to story's the old guys have to tell lots of real life Dramas that some how they lived thru .

Ive met some real super hero's some never went to war some gave all at home some passed on their knowledge by talking to us younger guys lots of info there if you listen to them .

Jacob_Royer
01-14-2008, 04:04 PM

It appears that all these "family members" are the same person, as the spelling, grammar, syntax, etc. are all pretty much the same. IF he's a veteran, then I applaud his service. Many have served, and we all owe a great debt to them. However, military service is not a free "be rude, and then throw it in everyone's face" card. I know MANY present and former service members who contributed in great ways, and are very humble and self-depreciating about it, and would never use it to justify less than honorable behaviour.

JD

I have to agree with you.. Not to start a fight with anyone but geeze... This gets old.. You gave the man some good solid advise in the linked thread! Going to the texas forrum and insulting everyone there was really not a smooth move..

txsc
01-14-2008, 06:03 PM
[/FONT]
look at bold print in your post obove you have a problem too
if you look at the other post you can see he is attacked first .

he does not have a good understanding of how this forum works or the proper place to post his post .

his wife did not have any idea where to post. some of us here asked him to keep us posted as to what his health is .

David N. Jim demmitt, and I are some of the ones that asked him to let us be notified of his status ,

I have seen him attacked for his spelling or grammar since post one.

this is not a literary forum its a car club yes he is selling his SC so did I big deal.

I don't stick up for many people but he is one of them.

I know if my leg was removed and i was in hospital on pain meds the last thing id worry about is did i dot my I,s or put a comma here.

if this was XR7 Dave or David N. or Duffy nobody would say anything if his grammar was off or he swayed from the topic.

guess I'm old school we used to treat our elders much better .

still do i sit in at convalescent hospital on week ends and play checkers and listen to story's the old guys have to tell lots of real life Dramas that some how they lived thru .

Ive met some real super hero's some never went to war some gave all at home some passed on their knowledge by talking to us younger guys lots of info there if you listen to them .

1) Either spelling is considered correct; look it up. And, yes Iím sure if you look closely enough at ALL my past posts, you can find a FEW punctuation and spelling errors. Thatís not my point. Iím pretty certain that I am generally able to make myself understood when I decide to post.
2) Use of this forum does not equate to brain surgery in difficulty.
3) How do you even know it's his wife who is writing? Syntax looks suspiciously familiar.
4) How about using PM's or personal email for these kind of updates, or at least the "Lounge" forum?
5) His spelling, grammar, and general comprehensibility has been abysmal since the first post. People can't understand the man; it's tedious and frustrating. Many who'd otherwise help can't wade past the bad communication. Iíve chided the younger members for their grammar, too. But, the young donít have a corner on the market for bad grammar, apparently.
6) I know it's a car club; you're making my point for me. However, a certain threshold command of the English language is expected. Itís always important to be able to communicate your ideas clearly.
7) I'm not knocking the man for trying to sell his car. I've bought one on this site, and sold two myself (look up my old ďfor saleĒ posts). It's the manner in which he's approaching it. Wallpapering every forum with ads is being a nuisance. It doesn't follow the rules. Without rules, we don't have a usable club anymore.
8) We can all stick up for whomever we please; I'll grant you that.
9) The man couldn't put together a comprehensible post BEFORE the alleged surgery. One thingís for sure; IF I had a major surgery, the LAST thing Iíd be doing is trying to post to a car forum.
10) XR7 Dave, David N., Duffy and countless others have added, and continue to add, immeasurable value to the membership as a whole. And, I'm not aware of any instances where they've taken a thread off the deep end with incomprehensible rambling. One can overlook the occasional missed comma, or misspelled word if the greater text is adding value.
11) Don't presume to know how I treat elders, or anyone for that matter. I don't know how old he is; do you? Do you know how old I am? The point is; age doesn't enter into this discussion; it's not relevant to the subject.
12) I, too enjoy spending time with older folks, and hearing their history. Many have done, and been through, some amazing things. Where I live, I'm surrounded by retired military officers and enlisted men. Nothing better than sitting around and just listening while they reminisce to one another about their past adventures. Priceless stories.

That said, I've met a few bitter, stupid old men too. Age and/or military service does not automatically bestow wisdom, knowledge, or tact. I donít know this guy; I donít know which category he fits into. Basically, his post on the "Gulf States" forum pretty much tore it for me; that was uncalled for. No one gets a free "be an @$$" card just because (IF?) they're old or a veteran.

Hereís the bottom line for me. Iíd just like to see him keep his posts SC-related, respectful, marginally readable, and posted in the right place. Thatís really not too much to ask, is it? I donít care if heís young, old, tall, short, vet, non-vet, etc. I think everyone is welcome here as long as they try to follow along with the general program.

Iíve had my say on the subject, and now Iím officially bored with it. Iím going to do exactly what Iíd advise others to do from now on. When I see a post with his name, Iím not even going to open it up, and save myself the frustration.

JD

mannysc
01-14-2008, 09:13 PM
I just read the gulf states post WOW he or his brother who ever seems a little grouchy. to say the least.

I still dont like the bashing here it is sort of un called for on this post .

and yes he does need to conform to the rules even I the grand poobah of sccoa post whores cant get away with posting a car for sale every where.

i workit into the conversations when possible but try to post where its meant to go .

as for posting his health in none tech it was his only choice as his member privilges were banned but yeah he needs help learning the ropes around here ill try to show him how and where to post . he is still a great man to me .

but i can also see where some are mad the texas thing was pretty bad .
I have some friends in texas and used to live in Erving texas just off beltline

I may owe some people appologies they will get them via prvt msg,

anyway Im glad he is ok and will butt out of thispost and yes your right both spellings are correct your even fit the manor in which the sentence was headed darn key board space bar dont work all thetime i keep getting long compoundwords

Young-SC-Owner
01-14-2008, 09:47 PM
guys...why nitpick!
who cares, he's a bad speller so what!!
He obviously wants to be around us so why critisize him about spelling?

I dont mind constructive critisizm but cmon yall are jumping on him like yall jump on jim demmit, everyone is themselves so lets just "guide" him to the right forum instead of being a smartass and saying "Wrong FORUM IDIOT"
even thats not whats been said its what i have interpreted it as so maybe he has too.....
Food for thought.....

Tony

PS. Get Well Soon Pap

Toms-SC
01-19-2008, 09:36 PM
I can't understand a word he is saying, it drives me bonkers.

ThunderDave
01-20-2008, 04:06 PM
Most wives of SC owners seem to get kinda grouchy at times.....

Mine was this way before I got mine. :rolleyes:

As has been said so many times before, if you see a thread is by a certain person, you don't have to open and read it if it bothers you this much. Unless you like torturing yourself and just need something or someone to complain about. Or maybe you are so board, you just need something like that to fill your time.

Maybe Pap hasn't gone by the book on everything. I've seen others post cars for sale in non tech and they didn't get jumped on like he has. Why not be a little more understanding and just give him a chance. Sounds more like some here would rather run him off.

Toms-SC
01-21-2008, 03:08 AM
Well the main forums are spammed again. Send him the forum rule book and if he cannot understand them, ban hammer.

Jacob_Royer
01-21-2008, 02:20 PM
Has pap ever posted anything remotely SC related or that was any contribution to the forums whatsoever?

mannysc
01-22-2008, 01:50 PM
yes he has but anyway i talked to him on the phone last night
he is a very intelligent man he has few computer skills but he will ,

ill try to help him out with the computer stuf but he is not stupid just computer illiterate.

as i was few yrs ago now Im almost as good as most here.

he was cool person to talk to he has great personality on phone,

something happens between his thoughts and the keyboard its a thing we do when we dont have good command of the keyboard and typing skills.

I will call him again and again his insite into the world is great he is afraid of no/ not savvy of the SC and its workings but has great mechanical skills .

remember when we didnt know squat about the sc and how it all worked i remember my first time doing head gaskets wow was i scared
so much parts how will i emember how it all went .
now i can tear em apart and reassemble in the dark. and know what yr each part belongs to.