Brake Upgrade

esgtbird

Ok

I am looking to do a brake upgrade. I was wondering if you guys have any suggestions please feel free to comment. I was go to get a set of cobra calipers from a friend. I have read tons of posts but i am still confused on what i will need. I also want to keep the stock lug pattern. Is this possible using the cobra calipers?
Thanks
Eric

You'll need the Cobra calipers & brackets, Cobra rotors redrilled to 5x4.25 (you can get them from discbrakesrus.com) and you'll need to either grind your stock brake line blocks where they mount to the caliper, grind the caliper itself, or order a set of braided lines from spinningwheels-sc.com. Depending on the year of the Cobra caliper you get you might need to get the Cobra banjo bolts, too.

Not sure if the calipers will fit with stock rims if yu do the above> You can also update to a standard GT 94 an dup caliper with stock SC rotors or a Mark VIII disk and caliper upgrade> Mark VIII rotors are slightly larger however the mustang has better calipers.

Also if your car is a 89-92 you will need 93-95 front spindles as well.

Do a search all info is on here

I ordered my front 13" rotors and calipers as well as bigger rear rotors from discbrakesrus site. I am retaining the stock calipers on the rear as they are a little bigger. I bought a set of relocation brackets from fast ed to move the rear caliper out further to accomodate the bigger rotor in the rear. I have 18" wheels so fit is not a problem. The spare wont fit on front with the 13" rotors but will fit the rear. Guess I better not have a flat on the front untill I resolve that problem;) http://www.discbrakesrus.com/make/ford/thunderbird.htm

Ken

Back