91 sc cranks a while before starting

Emoney

i just bought a 91 sc bright red and all black leather interior and theirs a few problems... first when i start it is cranks for a while before starting is their any abvious reasons for this... and it looks like the back end sits lower then the front or it may just be the way the body is but i would appreciate it:confused:

Check into your ignition switch, mine did that for years and the ignition switch fixed it. ($12 most parts stores) and easy to replace! my 93 looks to sit a bit lower in the back than the front also?? what causes this i dont know

might be the cam sensor try starting it and it should start on the third try if so then cam sensor most likely

hope this helps out in any way or form

Could be poor battery connections, solenoid connections, starter connections or battery wires themselves.

I notice that SC's tend to start up slightly slower then most other vehicles anyways.

i just bought a 91 sc bright red and all black leather interior and theirs a few problems... first when i start it is cranks for a while before starting is their any abvious reasons for this... and it looks like the back end sits lower then the front or it may just be the way the body is but i would appreciate it:confused:

If you look at your car really closely, you'll see that the rear fender is cut a lil different than the front. This adds to the illusion, i've also noticed that these cars (mine anyway) seem very sensitive to any weight in the trunk. subs for example.

run a tape messure from top body line you will see its level wheel wells are cut diff as stated.

cam sensor is my guess also try this turn key on wait 10-15 seconds and crank no gas applied

first when i start it is cranks for a while before starting is their any obvious reasons for this...

heh my '89 Cougar does the same thing, but it's not always.. it's once in awhile.. Tried an known good Cam Sensor for awhile, untill it did it again.. Tried a different DIS module... did it again.. the only thing i haven't done was try a different crank sensor (once i do the timing chain cover gasket, i'll do it then.. ) HECK i even swapped out the fuel pump (Well okay.. I was swapping gas tank too.. so why not add a new fuel pump :) )
typically it does it on the first start up after sitting over night or so.. 'cept with the odd time when it's been running for awhile :confused:

Mind you car also has a few other issues.. but for a $500 parts car i should be happy i guess :p

thanks

thanks for the info i appreciate it but now i'm havin another little problem i hit a pot hole last night and some how it threw off my gas gauge and it just says full... what to do what to do:(

Back