change now signal?

HI-OUTPUT

miles on car 125,507 so I recently changed the oil, oil filter, and air filter,"change now" signal flashes and stays on but its not showing me what I have to change just wondering what can it be?
signalpb7.jpg

"Change Now" light has been on for 4 years on my 93...exactly how do you reset it ?

David

Are you being serious??

Anyway for HI-OUTPUT turn the key to the run position, i dont know if it matters if you start it or not. Within 15 seconds put a paperclip into the small hole next to the lcd and hold it in, the display will start to flash. When the display stops flashing you can let go of the paperclip!!

Are you being serious??

Anyway for HI-OUTPUT turn the key to the run position, i dont know if it matters if you start it or not. Within 15 seconds put a paperclip into the small hole next to the lcd and hold it in, the display will start to flash. When the display stops flashing you can let go of the paperclip!!

Yes...I'm serious.

David

Last edited:
Don't push too hard though.... I found out the hard way when everything behind the face plate disappeared inside the car :cool:

It's covered in the owner's manual. The procedure listed above is correct, but you need to have the key on with the engine off. Won't work otherwise.

JD

"Change Now" light has been on for 4 years on my 93...exactly how do you reset it ?

David
LOL.. you kiddin me man.. Key-on to run position but don't start the engine, push paper clip in the hole on the left and hold for 5 seconds. Ignore the beeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee from the warning chime. :cool:

lol, david out of anyone should know!!:eek:

for once i feel smart:D:rolleyes:

There is lots and lots of stuff I don't know about these cars....I'm pretty well versed on basic maintance and on the go fast stuff, but I'm very ignorant on stuff like electronics and electrical controls, instrumentation, suspension system, ABS brake system, audio system ect..ect..

David

Back