What do I use to seal the upper supercharger air tube?

syphon

I recently replaced my alternator and in the process i had to remove the upper tube between the blower top and the intercooler. I had read about the process before, and someone mentioned to another guy that he had better remember to re-seal it.

Well I pulled it off and a little seal came off... it looked like the thickness of a plastic bag... very very thin. I figured that since someone had been driving around without the seal, it'd be fine without temporarily (also the fact that it was around 1am and we didnt have time to go buy a seal somewhere).

Now that the car is running, I want to re-seal it so I dont encounter any problems. Where can I get a seal for it? What's it going to run me? What will the problems be if I DONT re-seal it?

Thanks in advance for your help.

Most People use RTV Silicon (Copper). There is a guy on here that makes an acual gasket for the tubes as well as the SC top. Look for TBird88's post and there should be a link to where you can purchase them.

If you don't seal them properly you will get "vacuum leaks" which will make the car run like $h!t.

mn12sc35th said:
There is a guy on here that makes an acual gasket for the tubes as well as the SC top. Look for TBird88's post and there should be a link to where you can purchase them.

I checked around but I could not find a link. Anyone know what it is offhand? I've also included this handy picture for easy reference :)

seal.jpg

Just use copper RTV, it works great in sealing the IC tubes. It can handle the temp and it's okay to use with our O2 sensors.

Or go to ford and get the proper IC tube sealing tape. I think it's like $20, that is the proper tape to use when sealing the tubes.

I have simply resealed them in the past without adding anything. As long as the tape is unbroken and still stuck to the flare end and as long as you tighten evenly, it should work fine.
You'll know if its not sealed well as the car will run, like Larry says, like crap.

Oh, and if you wish to avoid messin with the collar nut in the future, just remove the SC top and upper IC tube in 1 piece.

Ya I just took all my tubes off and sealed it with the RTV copper. It seals great and is not a pain to install. I use it for almost everthing.

Back