ok need help current set up aint working

koldhearted1

:mad: im pissed i just got my ~~~ handed to me by a freakin talon cuz i couldnt keep power to the ground the moment i rolled into the pedal i could feel the rear end get squirrly, tried two runs with him and each time it was cuz i couldnt keep power down.
current set up
tires: toyo FZR pro comps 225 60 16
Air pressure 35 lbs

the tires are awesome in the rain and stuff but here in the idaho winters they leave a bit to be desired as far as traction. any ideas all help me out i dont wanna repeat tonight.

try somewhere b/w 28 and 32 psi in the tires... I have stock size 215/70R15 economy tires with 30psi and i have very little trouble hooking. (I have a 351 windsor and 5 speed, plenty of torque) if the talon was AWD, your never gonna be able to hook as well as that car.

couldnt tell but i know that our rides over power a stock talon with out even blinking but every time i put down the power the rear starts sliding sideways. and i have to back down so after two times i figured that we just was wasting time. so i flashed the highs and turned around and headed home. oh after the first time they was heated up plus i had driven about 10 miles before this.

:mad: im pissed i just got my ~~~ handed to me by a freakin talon cuz i couldnt keep power to the ground the moment i rolled into the pedal i could feel the rear end get squirrly, tried two runs with him and each time it was cuz i couldnt keep power down.
current set up
tires: toyo FZR pro comps 225 60 16
Air pressure 35 lbs

the tires are awesome in the rain and stuff but here in the idaho winters they leave a bit to be desired as far as traction. any ideas all help me out i dont wanna repeat tonight.

Now this is somthing i can help out with Toyo's are not known for traction if you wanted somthing to get more Grib I would go with some Yokohama YK520 245 45 16 they should Get better grip after they warm up a little hope this helps

oh ya it does ill be looking into that some time soon. thanks all for your input. still pissed cuz i know i could have taken him if it had been summer.

Last edited:
Yea Toyo's Dont last that long on the raod or on the track for that matter i know YK520's last around 60,000 mile I work at Discount tire and i have thoughs on my t bird with a whipple on it and i get trackion in the rain sometimes snow and just about anytime of year you might get to see some rubber on the ground but its only for a sec not much more then that For more info on the tires go to http://www.tires.com

right on thanks for the help. got a friend talkin a bunch of smack about how his camaro can take my bird he was wanting to put up slips on it i dont feel like being that mean to him. its only an NA six popper.

Back