New Toy

fturner

Got my new toy and will be testing this weekend. Its the chip setup from moates :D for Ford EEC's. If you wire in a switch it will hold 2 tunes as well.

Man this stuff is tiny.

Attachments

• DSC00700.JPG
    DSC00700.JPG
    342.8 KB · Views: 195
Last edited:
Downloaded my tune from the EEC Tuner as a bin file, edited it with BE and tweaked some more settings and uploaded it into the moates chip and installed it.... car runs like a champ :D.

but its so fun to tune a car in the deep freeze :eek:

NOT!

I'm looking forward to that to :)

Last edited:
WHats the advantage of the moates chip over the EEC tuner? How does it compare to the sct racer package?

Thanks

I got the whole burning kit for $170, and I can burn multiple chips for $60 each.

Because of the way the EEC Tuner was designed it actually slows the EEC down while the Tuner processes memory requests. Its called probagation delays. The moates chips and the SCT chips etc don't cause as much delay because they are straight ROM chips.

I intend to keep using the Tuner when I need datalogging until Moates comes out with a datalogger system for the EEC IV's. So far I can collect over 20 different values with the Tuner and as I'm disassembling more of the code I'm finding more every day.

Also, I have been building a definition file for the program called BinaryEditor located at EECAnalyzer.net that supports the 89/90 SC's, and so far I have WAY more items than EEC Tuner has. You can also use this program to datalog with the TweecerRT hardware.

Anyways, its all mute now as I'm pulling out of here. I was clearly told I know nothing so.....

bye

Last edited:
The cost is definitely an advantage over both. The advantage over a program in a chip over an EEC tuner is also true, there just isnt that tune on the fly and quick change advantage going on.

And if any of us kicked out after someoen told us we have no idea whats going on....This would be a very quiet place

I think the intent with the moates setup is to allow tuning on the fly while datalogging on the fly. When your finished, you burn to a chip and go.

Craig sent me an EEC V file from a Ford diesel pickup to determine the best spot to "inject" some code to grab data values that can't be seen the normal way so they can be data logged. The same principal used on the EEC IV's.

It sure will be nice to have an alternative to data log that won't cost an arm and a leg like the Tweecer RT does.

For anyone with an 89/90 SC can see some of the information I've decoded so far for these cars by going to http://www.eecanalyzer.net/ and downloading BE (Binary Editor). You do not need to register it at this time. Make sure you download the definition file called GURE which covers these cars and you can download the C0S.bin which is for the auto's and the L0E1.bin file for the 5spds. If you want to look at this, pm me your email addy so I can send you an updated def file as the one on the site is a couple weeks old :cool:.

I'm testing BE right now for writing to the moates chip and so far so good so that support should be released shortly.

EA is a good program as well, and has assisted me in tuning my car by analyzing the datalog files I've generated out of the EEC. I'm wrapping up a program that will work with the EEC Tuner for datalogging, and will hopefully be sending Dave D's way for testing soon. The program will convert the bin file to an EEC file so you have the benefits of BE for editing and using the same settings in the EEC Tuner.

Last edited:
Frit,

Any chance youde be working with a 94-95 EEC? This all sounds very promising. Good luck with it all

amon

I'm hoping to start decoding them soon as well, and building def files. I'm just going to need guinea pigs to test. I'll also needs testers for the 91's and the 92/93's as well once I get rolling on those.

Sounds interesting, Frit.

I'm looking for some type of tuning method that doesn't cost $700 or more soon. EFI tuning is a weakness of mine, so I would like to figure it all out.

Keep me/us updated. My car's an '89, so looks like I have a head start.:)

Good luck, man.

My imagination or are both .BIN files the same? Did I misunderstand that they were for different transmissions?

Ira

There is actually 2 or 3 other calibrations but are alot more rare. The C0S one is for the auto's and has the EGR disabled. The L0E1 is for the 5spd's and has the EGR enabled. There is some other settings that are different between the two. Other than that, they are identical.

There is actually 2 or 3 other calibrations but are alot more rare. The C0S one is for the auto's and has the EGR disabled. The L0E1 is for the 5spd's and has the EGR enabled. There is some other settings that are different between the two. Other than that, they are identical.

Thanks for verifying that. I thought I had downloaded the wrong files.

Ira

Back