another sc

painter

i have a 89 sc automatic,bought a 90 sc 5 speed,engine is out new rebuild,car has been setting awhile paint has dulled out inside is great shape,should i replace clutch pressure plate and release bearing,looking at it clutch is good,just wondering about how long it has been sitting,will have garage next to house put in engine.also sc pully bearing is going bad,is this hard to replace and how do you fix it.

The pressure plate should be fine... I would check to make sure you can't see any rust on the surfaces of the bearing. If you can, make sure there isn't play in the bearing. If it feels tight and smooth it should be fine...

i have a 89 sc automatic,bought a 90 sc 5 speed,engine is out new rebuild,car has been setting awhile paint has dulled out inside is great shape,should i replace clutch pressure plate and release bearing,looking at it clutch is good,just wondering about how long it has been sitting,will have garage next to house put in engine.also sc pully bearing is going bad,is this hard to replace and how do you fix it.

your wifes going to kill you PAP!:eek:

i bought her a new one to not one i would want to be seen in a mazda meidia or however you spell it.and i will have 2 sc's,dont know why i bought this one,once it gets finished sure want be able to drive it ,but i can look at them,both black the 90 has black leather no tears in it anywheare and body is as solid as my 89 just faded out .

Last edited:
Back