Maxin Out 42lb Injectors=Most Likely

lx2sc

ok guys im almost positive im maxing these injectors out modifications are as follows. 42lb Lucas

4.2L Stroker 9:1 CR
Big Valve Ported and Polished Heads (1.85 Intake 1.6 Exh)
Magnuson S Model Blower
5% Jackshaft Pulley with 89-93 Blower Pulley
213/216 Cam with .550 Lift 1.8 Harland Sharp Rockers
3" Intercooler tubing FMIC Custom Top
Intake Fully Ported and Polished
ASP Underdrives
85mm MP Throttle Body, MP Inlet Plenum 76mm C&L Maf
Adj. FPR 255LPH Pump

i have only been into boost about 6psi and it is plenty fast Im kinda iffy on going WOT what are my options as far as MAF for say 60 lb injectors and what are your guys reccomendations for MAF injector combos

Thanks for the help and comments Justin

First off, has the car been on a dyno and what is it telling you about your AF ratio??

Ira

Id say your right at the limits of those 42s. But as Ira all ready stated you need to get that thing on a dyno and get the A/F.

Last edited:
A good combo is 80MM C&L with the 60's. There are a lot of people using this combo.

Anther question is what are you doing for a tune as I see no mention of one?

its been tuned by dave dalke awhile back dont have a dyno close enough to me or the time allowance to get it to one thanks for the replies as far as the 80mm c and l and the 60's do you guys have any part numbers for them and i guess ill have to get another tune also thanks justin

I think with your existing blower, I highly doubt your close to maxing out the 76mm MAF, so I'd keep that. Get your self a set of 50# injectors, buy the sample tube to handle 50's, get your a tune done and away you go.

If you ever upgrade to an MPX blower with 25% OD, then sell the 50's (easy to do) and upgrade then.

thanks for the reply which would be the correct sampleing tube for 50's on the 76 maf? Also could some body with the orange sampleing tube for the 76mm c and L measure the inside diameter of the tube Thanks Again Justin

Contact Dave Dalke for the 80MM MAF and 60lb injectors, he'll be able to get you the right sampling tube for it also.

I have the green tube in my 76MM for 50's.

Contact Dave Dalke for the 80MM MAF and 60lb injectors, he'll be able to get you the right sampling tube for it also.

I have the green tube in my 76MM for 50's.

I don't think the 60's are needed at this point nor the 80mm, especially with an SPort. The one thing your forgetting is the fact that the larger the injector the harder it is to get a car to idle and run properly at cruise/part throttle conditions. Why aggrevate yourself with problems when your car doesn't need that size of injector.

Biggest doesn't always mean best.

Has anything changed since Dave tuned it cause if not I think your safe with the 42's because if you were maxing them out when he tuned it he would have told you and probably recommended what you should be running in the car.Or atleast I would think he would have.

Jay

I don't think the 60's are needed at this point nor the 80mm, especially with an SPort. The one thing your forgetting is the fact that the larger the injector the harder it is to get a car to idle and run properly at cruise/part throttle conditions. Why aggrevate yourself with problems when your car doesn't need that size of injector.

Biggest doesn't always mean best.

I really don't understand why you would recomend for someone to buy a set of 50# injectors and then say if you need 60's later you could sell the 50's. Sure a guy could do this if he just enjoys throwing money away, but if he had planned ahead he would have bought the correct injectors for his ultimate goal and for you to suggest that he buy another set to outgrow isn't very responsible on your part. I can also tell you from personal experience that your assumptions about running 60# injectors and the 80 mm C&L are incorrect and since you apparently don't have first hand knowledge on the subject should not state your opinion as if it is fact.

Charles

I really don't understand why you would recomend for someone to buy a set of 50# injectors and then say if you need 60's later you could sell the 50's. Sure a guy could do this if he just enjoys throwing money away, but if he had planned ahead he would have bought the correct injectors for his ultimate goal and for you to suggest that he buy another set to outgrow isn't very responsible on your part. I can also tell you from personal experience that your assumptions about running 60# injectors and the 80 mm C&L are incorrect and since you apparently don't have first hand knowledge on the subject should not state your opinion as if it is fact.

Charles

Wulp, since I am obviously so stupid I know nothing, I'm pulling out of here altogether and cancel all my projects I have going on with several vendors on interfacing with the EEC's in our cars for datalogging etc. I can better spend time disassembling the code in the EEC in my car for myself and adding enhancements to support Wideband O2's etc directly.

Dave D, your going to have to find some else to get that information you want for datalogging, and it looks like you should talk to this guy as he obviously knows it all.

I'm outta here, cause I don't need to put up with this crap. Just trying to help a guy out with my own past experiences and this is what I get.

Last edited:
Wulp, since I am obviously so stupid I know nothing, I'm pulling out of here altogether and cancel all my projects I have going on with several vendors on interfacing with the EEC's in our cars for datalogging etc. I can better spend time disassembling the code in the EEC in my car for myself and adding enhancements to support Wideband O2's etc directly.

Dave D, your going to have to find some else to get that information you want for datalogging, and it looks like you should talk to this guy as he obviously knows it all.

I'm outta here, cause I don't need to put up with this crap. Just trying to help a guy out with my own past experiences and this is what I get.

I don't believe that I called or even implied that you were stupid, nor did I claim to know everything. I will however stand buy my opinion that your approach to modifing a car will be more expensive than if you were to just buy the parts required to meet your ultimate goals. As for your need or lack thereof to put up with crap, I didn't give you any, I simply stated my opinion the same as you. I wasn't offended by your opinion and you certainly shouldn't be offended by mine.

Charles

Back