Computer

With the later computer you can switch off the support for the electronic transmission... no biggy there.

There is really no advantage to one system over another. For extra power, the computer will not do that at all, its the tune inside that will affect power.
From a tuner stand point, is one system easier to tune than another? Dave will need to answer that.

Swapping one in to an older car... isn't worth the hassle considering you would have to replace the wiring harnesses etc as the pin-outs are different as well as more for the newer style, and your changing from the older DIS system to the EDIS system.

Frit

I do recall there being advantages to the 94-95 EEC processor architecture as far as speed and such but it has been a long while since I have read that..The information is out there somewhere

It was said that the older EEC's only ran at 12Mhz and the 94/95 ran at 15Mhz.... it turns out the older ones also are clocked at 15Mhz.

Also, the supposed limitation of the older EEC's to handle 1450Kg/hr of air compared to the 1700 the newer cars can handle is actually not the limit. The limit is how high the load value can be calculated to which is 200% VE load, anything higher the EEC ignores, so you couldn't tune to higher than 200% load.

With just my setup with nothing scaled in the tune, I've datalogged the EEC calculating 207% VE load, and thats bringing in approximately 1000kg/h of air and running the 42's at 81% duty cycle. To get around this typically the tuner will drop the CID and injector sizes and so on by a ratio of the injector size increase from stock, so in my case it was .714 because I went from 30's to 42's. With this scaling down the peak load I've seen from the EEC is about 147%, which I can tune to since its within the hard limits of the Load factor.

I wondered why Dave had me rescale everything so I went digging for information because of curiosity ;).

The GURE strategy that the 89/90 cars have is very close to the GUFB strategy which covers the mustang A9L 5.0's, and theoritically we could run that GUFB strategy in our EEC's by flashing it to a chip. Of course you would need to edit everything to run our cars since the A9L is defaulted for 8 cylinders.... and no I'm not up for the challenge..... yet ;).

So far other than the load limit, I have not seen any limiting factor to how much air can come in to the engine except for how fast the A/D (analog to digital conversion) system works and that would have the MAF limited to almost 6000 kg/h :eek:..... anyone there yet????? ;).

Also to note, Ford always calculates the highest VE the car can obtain at sealevel for every motor and puts this into a function called Load Scaling Seallevel vs RPM . With the 89-93 SC 3.8L motor, the max VE the car can do supposedly in stock form is 127% at 4000 RPM's at sea level. The stock HO 5.0L N/A has a max VE of 86% at 3500 RPM's at sea level.

Thats the way I see it.

Last edited:
It was said that the older EEC's only ran at 12Mhz and the 94/95 ran at 15Mhz.... it turns out the older ones also are clocked at 15Mhz.

Also, the supposed limitation of the older EEC's to handle 1450Kg/hr of air compared to the 1700 the newer cars can handle is actually not the limit. The limit is how high the load value can be calculated to which is 200% VE load, anything higher the EEC ignores, so you couldn't tune to higher than 200% load.

With just my setup with nothing scaled in the tune, I've datalogged the EEC calculating 207% VE load, and thats bringing in approximately 1000kg/h of air and running the 42's at 81% duty cycle. To get around this typically the tuner will drop the CID and injector sizes and so on by a ratio of the injector size increase from stock, so in my case it was .714 because I went from 30's to 42's. With this scaling down the peak load I've seen from the EEC is about 147%, which I can tune to since its within the hard limits of the Load factor.

I wondered why Dave had me rescale everything so I went digging for information because of curiosity ;).

The GURE strategy that the 89/90 cars have is very close to the GUFB strategy which covers the mustang A9L 5.0's, and theoritically we could run that GUFB strategy in our EEC's by flashing it to a chip. Of course you would need to edit everything to run our cars since the A9L is defaulted for 8 cylinders.... and no I'm not up for the challenge..... yet ;).

So far other than the load limit, I have not seen any limiting factor to how much air can come in to the engine except for how fast the A/D (analog to digital conversion) system works and that would have the MAF limited to almost 6000 kg/h :eek:..... anyone there yet????? ;).

Also to note, Ford always calculates the highest VE the car can obtain at sealevel for every motor and puts this into a function called Load Scaling Seallevel vs RPM . With the 89-93 SC 3.8L motor, the max VE the car can do supposedly in stock form is 127% at 4000 RPM's at sea level. The stock HO 5.0L N/A has a max VE of 86% at 3500 RPM's at sea level.

Thats the way I see it.

Wiskey Tango Foxtrot!!!!!:confused::eek: Lima Oscar Lima!!!!!!!!!!:D

Back