PDA

View Full Version : Annual Nebraska Dyno Disaster Day

Thomas A
01-22-2008, 01:00 AM
Official Dyno info. Dalke is coming back!! The date is set as long as it doesn't interfere with club clash.

http://www.midwestthundercats.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=7768

Thomas

kenewagner
01-22-2008, 09:26 AM
Just starting to get the ball rolling on this. Stop by this post if any of you guys are interested in making the trek over.

http://www.midwestthundercats.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=7761

Thomas

Are you talking about my dyno record:D If I ever get rear bearings for this blower I will be ready to dyno again

Ken

Thomas A
01-22-2008, 09:40 PM
hahaha, I like to set the bar low so I have a better chance to succeeding.

Thomas

Melon
01-27-2008, 11:21 AM
New post with updated info!

http://www.midwestthundercats.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=7768&hl=

-Melon

SuperCharged91
02-18-2008, 05:15 PM
What is the cost at for a tune?

Melon
02-18-2008, 05:31 PM
There's cost info the link above. But since you can't click and read :rolleyes:

2008 NETC Dyno Days
May 17-18 Lincoln, NE

Costs:
SCU Tuning Fees $125 - $325
+DynoSport Dyno Fees $75/HR
+SCT Hardware – contact Dave at mdkracing@alltel.net

Baseline Dyno Pulls (2-3), no tuning $50

Tuning Details:
Tuning will be available for any EEC-IV or OBDII Ford Vehicle built prior to 2005. Tuning is a two day event with off-dyno calibration and then a dyno tuning session the next day. You must be available for both days. Typical off-dyno times are 1-2 hours and may involve wrenching if a mechanical problem exists. The dyno session typically runs 1 hour. If a mechanical problem arises during the off-dyno session on Saturday, you will have some time to get it resolved before dyno tuning but if the car is still not able to be tuned due to a mechanical issue, there will be no refunds.

Cost Details:
Tuning cost is tiered based on participation. The more people that sign up, the cheaper it gets for everyone. The registration deadline is April 15th.

3 participants - $300 each (was $325)
4 Participants - $225 each (was $250)
5 Participants - $175 each (was $200)
6 Participants - $150 each (was $175)
7 Participants - $150 each
8 Participants - $125 each

The hourly Dyno fee charged by DynoSport and the cost of any SCT hardware needed are fixed, regardless of participation and are in addition to the SCU tuning fees. If you need a chip, or would like to get an XCAL2 Tuner (OBDII Only), you will need to contact Dave directly at mdkracing@alltel.net to purchase it before that weekend.

Payment Requirements:
All required tuning hardware must be purchased and installed prior to the event. Once the final roll call is determined and cost per person is known, payments must be sent to Dave by May 1st, before he will make travel plans. Late entries after the cutoff date can generate partial refunds for those who registered early should that happen.

Deposits are not required for non-tuning dyno time on Saturday. You still need to pre-register with Thomas so he can schedule you in. DynoSport accepts cash (preferred), checks, or major credit cards.

Tuning Notes:
Inadequate fuel delivery and faulty ignition components are the leading causes of unsuccessful tuning. When in doubt, replace, and it never hurts to have a spare of just about everything on hand just in case. Check your belts, tensioners, fluids, and add-on electrical components before the tune, and have your EEC down for easy access.

Please also check to make sure that an 02 sensor can be removed. If a sensor can’t be removed due to seized threads, a tune may not be able to be performed.

Also, I'm not the one heading this - Thomas A is. He would be the guy to contact with questions.

-Melon

SuperCharged91
02-18-2008, 05:44 PM
Yeah i saw that but it says if there are more than 8 tunes then it will be different and its about a 95% chance i will be getting a tune

Melon
02-18-2008, 07:01 PM
E-mail or PM Thomas A - he'll be able to answer for sure. And not sure how soon he'll see this.

-Melon

Thomas A
03-08-2008, 03:59 AM
We have 1 spot left to fill this event!!

Thomas

eli66048
03-30-2008, 09:49 PM
OK, I'm assuming the dates are now May 9th & 10th. What time will the runs start each day and what time for the dinner? I'd like to come up and meet you and see your cars. May try for a baseline pull if there's time.

Danny

Thomas A
03-30-2008, 10:33 PM
Road tuning will be all day on Friday. We will most likely start baseline runs in the afternoon, depending on how many people actually show up. I think dinner that night will be a barbecue/Picnic at the dyno, so pretty much anytime in the evening.

Saturday will be dyno tuning all day.

It would be great to have you up! We have guys coming from Nebraska, Missouri, Iowa, and Minnesota. Should be a good time.

Thomas

BirdofPrey97
04-01-2008, 09:43 AM
We have guys coming from Nebraska, Missouri, Iowa, and Minnesota. Should be a good time.
Thomas

And Illinois. Thomas going to get into town Thursday. Let me know when planning on starting Friday. I will be there first thing.

eli66048
04-14-2008, 01:45 AM
You want me to bring anything for the dinner ?

Danny

TSC89
04-14-2008, 01:14 PM
I plan on coming up too I just don't know if either car will be road worthy.

Thomas A
04-14-2008, 09:46 PM
You want me to bring anything for the dinner ?

Danny

I'm not sure yet. I'm trying to get one of the local guys to organize that part of it, but haven't had anyone volunteer yet.

Thomas

Mike8675309
04-14-2008, 10:12 PM
If I was local, I'd volunteer. I just don't think it can be done remotely very well.

eli66048
04-15-2008, 12:14 AM
I'm not sure yet. I'm trying to get one of the local guys to organize that part of it, but haven't had anyone volunteer yet.

Thomas

I'd be happy to do some cooking since alot of you guys will be busy on the dyno. Just let me know and we'll make it happen.

Danny

Melon
04-15-2008, 05:42 PM
I'm trying to get one of the local guys to organize that part of it, but haven't had anyone volunteer yet.

*raises hand*

http://www.midwestthundercats.com/forums/?showtopic=7895

-Melon

Thomas A
04-15-2008, 08:43 PM
Thanks Andy! That is going to help me out a ton.

Thomas

Melon
04-15-2008, 09:32 PM
Not a prob. Like the post says - I'm not tuning anything, just putting the car on the dyno.

And shouldn't be too difficult but we'll see. Anyone with idea's is welcome to post here or there.

-Melon

kenewagner
04-24-2008, 08:17 AM
Road tuning will be all day on Friday. We will most likely start baseline runs in the afternoon, depending on how many people actually show up. I think dinner that night will be a barbecue/Picnic at the dyno, so pretty much anytime in the evening.

Saturday will be dyno tuning all day.

It would be great to have you up! We have guys coming from Nebraska, Missouri, Iowa, and Minnesota. Should be a good time.

Thomas

Is there a schedule for the Dyno tuning on Saturday. I would like to tune in the morning if possible.

Ken

Melon
04-24-2008, 10:44 AM
I haven't seen a schedule for that yet - just road tuning on Friday. My guess is that it'll be "first come, first serve" with that.. but I have no control on the schedule :p

-Melon

Thomas A
04-24-2008, 08:00 PM
I should be able to get you in during the morning. A couple of out of state guys need to get home on Saturday, so they will likely be going first. I didn't want to set an actual schedule for Saturday, as it could change depending on what happens Friday.

But, I should be able to get you in. We will start around 9, and hopefully can have you on the rollers before noon.

Thomas

kenewagner
04-24-2008, 09:12 PM
I should be able to get you in during the morning. A couple of out of state guys need to get home on Saturday, so they will likely be going first. I didn't want to set an actual schedule for Saturday, as it could change depending on what happens Friday.

But, I should be able to get you in. We will start around 9, and hopefully can have you on the rollers before noon.

Thomas

That would be great Thomas. Thanks

Ken

eli66048
05-11-2008, 02:29 PM
Just wanted to thank you all for a great event. My first time at a dyno. Loved meeting everyone and seeing the beautiful T-Birds. I learned alot about our cars thanks to Dave, Sam, Ken and others. Bear and wife brought delicious food to keep us going, Andy covered the other stuff. Mike surprised everyone Sat. with the pizzas and we all thank you! Andy (#2) made pics of everyone who tuned and dynoed. Those will be appreciated for years to come. Last but not least was the guys who worked the event to make it happen: Thomas, Andy, Dave and Dan the shop owner.
On a personal note: don't be an idiot like me and use the 89 octane ethanol blend. Even though it seemed to run OK, the AFR was running too lean! I did stop and put in some 91 going home. Hope everyone made it back OK because it rained like hell.

Danny

Mike8675309
05-11-2008, 10:47 PM
Great event. Made it home alive, even though I wasn't sure after my slight miss found at the dyno turned into a massive ignition problem 30 miles from the dyno on the way home.

The street tuning really went well, and the dyno was able to keep em cranking on and off as fast as possible.

Great to meet those that I did. Didn't get to meet everyone as I'm still a bit of a wall flower, but I'm working on that.

BirdofPrey97
05-11-2008, 11:01 PM
Mike,

If you need a DIS let me know. Have 2 or 3 laying here from 89 SCs. Can bring it Friday.

Mike8675309
05-12-2008, 01:45 PM
Mike,

If you need a DIS let me know. Have 2 or 3 laying here from 89 SCs. Can bring it Friday.

What it comes down to is this. If I can't get the behavior to be duplicated after I put it all back together and clean all the connections and such. Then either it was a poor quality connection, or something doesn't like the rain. There is a small side effect of idle hunt going on after hard pulling on the dyno, that might be able to be duplicated. If so I'll chase that until it's resolved which may mean the DIS will get replaced. So if you can spare it (you're not actively trying to sell it today) I'll give it a shot to see if it clears up anything. If so, then I'll buy it from ya. If not, I'll just send it back.

BirdofPrey97
05-12-2008, 04:00 PM
Works for me. They are just sitting on the cabinet not doing anything.