Will '97 3.8 stang headers work?

zom91

I've been doing a ton of reading the past couple of days and most of the threads say to use 94/95 headers... Just curious what the difference(s) is/are? A friend has a set of '97 stock stang headers but the outlet diameter looks a little big to match up with the stock SC downpipes... Not sure if that is a diff between the 97 and 94/95 headers or not? I know this topic has been beaten to death, but I haven't been able to find an answer to these particular questions so any help is greatly appreciated!

Thanks,
Doug

I've been doing a ton of reading the past couple of days and most of the threads say to use 94/95 headers... Just curious what the difference(s) is/are? A friend has a set of '97 stock stang headers but the outlet diameter looks a little big to match up with the stock SC downpipes... Not sure if that is a diff between the 97 and 94/95 headers or not? I know this topic has been beaten to death, but I haven't been able to find an answer to these particular questions so any help is greatly appreciated!

Thanks,
Doug

I can't tell you for sure what if any difference there is between the 94-95s and the 97s. Ford made several minor changes to the 3.8 stang headers between 94-04. What I can say is the outlets ARE bigger than on the SC and the angle of the outlets is different. The outlets come down at around a 45 degree angle and are made to fit 2.25" - 2.50" downpipes on all the 94-04 3.8L stangs. Steering shaft clearance is an issue unless you have new poly motor mounts. Can you post a pic of the 97s?

Just so you're aware they won't be a straight bolt in.I think the passenger side will bolt in but some of the tubes on the driverside have to be tweaked.

Jay

Back