aluminum front skinny rim

nickleman60

for those who have done the mustang hub swap and want some lightweight rims for the front Ford does make an aluminum spare rim in the 4.5" bolt pattern. I got my 2 at the junkyard out of some Lincoln Town cars, kinda rare I would think but if you can find them they're great. I have a set of 165/80/15 radials on the way but here's a pic of the rim, shined up of course....:D

My black car has no motor or transmission in it right now, that's why it's so high in the front.

Attachments

• rim 001.jpg
    rim 001.jpg
    137.2 KB · Views: 166
  • rim 002.jpg
    rim 002.jpg
    147.6 KB · Views: 131
  • rim 003.jpg
    rim 003.jpg
    148.5 KB · Views: 137
These may even be more rare, but I have alumium spare from a 94 Cobra that is 17" and even will fit over the 13" brakes.

rims

shop below my house buys nothing but mustaings to rebuild ,and they know what they are doing.thing is they have a pile of rims and spairs pilled up in back of shop outside factory rims,they put 20 inch on them when finished a car,if looking for some rims,could get most likley get wthat a person wants,i know their are 2 sets of the bulitt rims back their,cobra rims all that came on the GT'S,thats all they re build.

4.5 x 15 solid aluminum wheels as pictured were available on Lincoln, Mercury and Ford full size vehicles with certain options,they were kinda rare but I have seen a bunch of them working for a used car dealer. I got a pair of them when I was working ,for a buddy that had a drag car. They are around you just have to look for them.

I think they started offering 17" aluminum mini spares in the 99 or2000 something town cars. Fast Ed could prolly verify this.

I think they started offering 17" aluminum mini spares in the 99 or2000 something town cars. Fast Ed could prolly verify this.

2003-2005 I think was the year of the big rims on towncars. They had factory 17" and if equiped with a compact spare it was likely it was aluminum.
But they are pricey.
Any one wants to trade a TBird Alum for one of those 17" TC aluminum spares? :D

I have seen them in 87- early 90s cars with certain type of alloy wheels.Also in the newer body style in the later 90s.

I found a 16 inch aluminum ford spare in the 4.5 lug pattern but dont have any idea what it came out of. Anyone have an idea?

sounds like time for a trip to my local junkyards.
I doubt anyone here in the area has scrounged the yards for them.

Idea on what to pay for them or sell them for? IF I find any.

Back