ELECTRIC WATER PUMP Restrictors ?

Miller

to those who have/do run electric water pumps, do you run it with restrictor plates or wide open ?

to those who have/do run electric water pumps, do you run it with restrictor plates or wide open ?

I am running a Meziere electric waterpump with no restrictors, no thermostat and Evans waterless coolant. It seems to work great; but I just recently started the car up and have not had it out on the road. Waiting on a nice day to take it out.

Mike

I reccomended Evans to Miller however its not in the budget now. Also the greater viscosity of the Evans leads to not running a tstat. Which pump are you using and how?...Is it the morana setup?

With the Evans you can actually run a higher temp with being less prone to detonation. I knew someoen sponsored by them. Its great stuff.

Damon,

Mike is running the one that he machined out of billet. Hopefully, he will move it into production for everyone to buy.

I am running a Meziere electric waterpump with no restrictors, no thermostat and Evans waterless coolant. It seems to work great; but I just recently started the car up and have not had it out on the road. Waiting on a nice day to take it out.

Mike

NPG+ or NPG-R?

It's a completely different cooling system design, but I run a Meziere pump on my DOHC, with a 180 T-stat with three small holes drilled in it. It works wonderfully.

-Rod

Miller
I run with thermostat. Coolant Set up just like stock except with a
center mount morroso electric pump.

Same with the 4.6 meziere elc pump.

Miller, If I remember right, you will need to block off the water-by-pass in
your thermostat housing. The plate that Gary kuhns designed and
had me machined. Had no hole machined for a fitting for the by-pass
hose coming from the thermostat housing.

If you run the same braided stainless steel lines set up as Gary K.
When he blew a head gasket out into the coolant system. It pressurerized
his coolant system and blew out the radiator and related parts.
So it may be a good idea to use rubber radiator hose's or some
sort of expansion chamber.

I have another plate just like yours, except it has a snout that can
have two bearings pressed in with shaft. Then a ideler pulley can be used
to run the ALT, P/S belt,A/C. I machined it to mount a jackshaft pulley
for the blower. Then I would be able to delete the complete jackshaft,
A/C bracket.And have the blower jackshaft pulley mounted in the
center of the motor where the water pump pulley was. never
finish it and tried it out.

Randy

Randy

I didnt use a thermostat in the unit Miller, but that was just to flow test the coolant system. I didnt use restrictor plates in it and it worked fine, but getting the air bled out of the system can be a biznatch. Patience and the allen bolts on the pump (to bleed air) are your friend.;)

Mark

Miller, If I remember right, you will need to block off the water-by-pass in
your thermostat housing. The plate that Gary kuhns designed and
had me machined. Had no hole machined for a fitting for the by-pass
hose coming from the thermostat housing.

what is the water-by pass ? how do I block it off ?

i had the bypass (the hose that comes out of the T-stat housing) goin to the brass fitting on the inlet of the water pump. This is how gary had it hooked up also, but he didnt run heat.

Miller there is a stainless steel screw on top of plate.
This is to check for any air and to blead air in this
area behind the back plate.

Randy

i had the bypass (the hose that comes out of the T-stat housing) goin to the brass fitting on the inlet of the water pump. This is how gary had it hooked up also, but he didnt run heat.

i have thatbrass fitting into where the hose goes into tstat housing, and the strait part of it into where the oil warmer thing come up from underneeth... I figured that was my heat ?

Randy, thanks I saw that.. i only have water in it now so i didnt find any leaks and have a puddle of coolant on my floor, but i can already tell its going to be a major PITA getting the air out.. = /

when i loosen the screws in the back what should i knotice ?

i have thatbrass fitting into where the hose goes into tstat housing, and the strait part of it into where the oil warmer thing come up from underneeth... I figured that was my heat ?

Randy, thanks I saw that.. i only have water in it now so i didnt find any leaks and have a puddle of coolant on my floor, but i can already tell its going to be a major PITA getting the air out.. = /

when i loosen the screws in the back what should i knotice ?

When you are loosening the allens one on each side, keep the wrench in the allen bolt, get a towel to catch the coolant, but it will spit and sputter air out until straight coolant comes out when you remove the allen bolt while the pump is running, then quick tighten the allen bolt back into the pump. Let the air out of the stock air release valve and on the water pump plate housing too. It took me a long time each time i had to fill the coolant system to get the air out. Gary said he had a hell of a time gettin the air out also. If you need more assistance pm me and ill give you my cell #.

Back