Mr 9 sec SC....STEP INSIDE!

Perhaps the "other" thread should be locked to prevent further fraud attempts?

Damon you needs to call me.. Or at least check your friggin voicemails man :(

Hey guys

Question

Than thread (Ask and Expert) is giving you problems? It seams David N. had no problem? If there is something going on with it I will remove the link

(No one screews with my SC friends if so its off the thread)

My only question is, why would you give your CC info to a site like that? I'm sorry for anything that happened but this is the internet after all....:eek:

UPDATE..I just got off the phone with my bank....they cant do anything until tomorrow...I have to file a police report.....I will not be responsible for the charges on the card

and they stopped the withdrawals from my checking....it was coming from a Western Union outside of the USA.....more to come

(the reason it showed a $0 balance is the bank locked it after the suspicious transactions)

So as of right now they (bank/cops) cant say what happened.....but it was right after I signed up for the web page

EDIT: yes I have a credit card for just gas, this was my first online experience with this card

Last edited:
It may not be your fault at all but damn, don't ever use a CC that is attached to a bank account to buy things online! Bad Curtis. Bad Curtis. :cool:

I a n00b to this online stuff....I didn't ebay/paypal until last year....and that was only once....I dont have them anymore..I tired it once and didn't like all the BS

The lady at the bank keeps telling me this kind of thing

"happens more that you know"

She said everything will be fine but its "all in the paperwork"

Question

Than thread (Ask and Expert) is giving you problems? It seams David N. had no problem? If there is something going on with it I will remove the link

(No one screews with my SC friends if so its off the thread)

Jim,

I didn't register or provide any CC info....just posted a question.

David

i believe its called phishing, to make one site look exactly like another and when you go to use your personal info, the hacker can see every keystroke you make..........cc numbers, addresses, ss numbers etc...very dangerous and you dont even know it until its too late:eek:

I highly recommend Firefox and the NoScript addon for browsing and buying online. Then never say always allow for anything unless you are absolutely sure.

Make sure there is an httpS before the web address. That is supposed to be a secure web transaction. I know nothing is secure on the web but I've seen websites asking for CC info without the "S" on the http and I'm glad I caught it.

Back