Behive Springs

Doug,

Comp has several different beehive springs available. Which part number are you looking at?

Doug,

I highly recommend you just contact Dave Dalke directly, though I'm surprised no one that bought the springs has spoken up. The reason to contact him is that not everyone that has beehive springs is going to have the same ones that you may want. The best spring depends on cam selection and intended RPM range, not to mention, what valves you have. It is well worth the time to investigate such things fully.

That is why I asked Doug which part number he was looking at. There are many choices based on lift requirements. I believe Dave posted he would not sell the package any more though.

If they have one listed for a 3.8 Ford head whats the part #? COmp should tell you what teh reccomended lift for the spring is

I believe he found his answer before any of the replies. ;)

Comp doesn't know what will fit our motors so don't even bother to ask them.:rolleyes:

If someone wants the beehive spring setup for stock valves I can still offer that and I still offer the springs for aftermarket valves as well. I just won't be offering any more group buys on the stock valve/beehive setup due to the increased cost of the necessary retainers.

Last edited:
Why would it be listed under 3.8 then? Thats silly.

So Dave you have the Beehive setup for the aftermarket taller Chevy Valves? I would assume a chevy part but does any machining to the head need to be done? Sping cups or shims?

Why would it be listed under 3.8 then? Thats silly.
It's not silly. The Comp Cams recommendations revolve around the late model 3.8 heads, not SC's.
So Dave you have the Beehive setup for the aftermarket taller Chevy Valves? I would assume a chevy part but does any machining to the head need to be done? Sping cups or shims?
I can supply parts for a variety of combinations. There are many approaches to the valve spring situation that will work. Putting together the right parts so that you don't waste time and money messing with the wrong stuff is what it is all about.

Dave,

They came up with a tool steel retainer now. It is cheaper than the titanium version but only a few grams heavier apparently. You might be able to put together a combo more cost effective than the titanium retainer combo you had before.

The exact combination of parts is not available from Comp at any price. I have another supplier of titanium retainers but the company I work with does not offer any steel retainers.

Back