Converter Stall

hytorksc

Can anyone tell me if tire diameter effects actual stall rpm in a negative way (if it does or not) on an SC?

For example, i just bought a full set of 245-50's which are almost an inch smaller diameter i believe. this has thrown off my speedometer calibration (reading faster than actually going) and the car may be accelerating slightly quicker like a rear end gear change but it doesn't feel like it. i lost more than half of ability to wheelspin. now the tires do barely more than squeal (even power breaking). i feel like the car has lost something. i used to have the ability to do long, fun burnouts. tires may just be a whole lot stickier than the stock 225-60 BF goodrich's i had.

any thoughts appreciated-

What kinda tires did you get? There is a lot of difference in tire width on a 245-50 from a 225-60....

Al

sumuto tires (cheapos)

actually they look and feel like great tires, 245 50zr-16's, japanese made. they do have a smaller diameter than stock, but they are much wider than the 225 60's (i don't know the exact width- assuming 9 1/2 inches). more contact patch. tires are not all that stiff sidewall wise- in other words they flex more than the old ones.

Back