rockers/valves????

ricanlinx

when i drive my sc normal its perfect but if i give it wot the valves or rockers rattle i only put premium gas in my sc ..what could it be???

when i drive my sc normal its perfect but if i give it wot the valves or rockers rattle i only put premium gas in my sc ..what could it be???

Anything done to the car. Could be the dreaded pinging/detonation which could be caused by adding mods.

Does it rattle when you rev it out of gear or just when you are driving it? Detonation or pinging is heard when the engine is under load. Valve noise problems will be evident even when reving in neutral. A vacuum leak will cause our cars to rattle as will maladjusted ignition timing. Even with premium fuel.

detonation
blower snout bearing or coupler.

Not likely a rattling rocker unless you have some reason to suspect they loosened up.

SC isent running now lol i was driving home from south carolina and something blew a hole in the front of the oil pan but all the rods are still functional so i belvie that the timing chain came apart but didnt break but im really not sure what the problem is lol perfect timing for my rebiult motor :) thanks to all that lended their help on this subject ...

Dude if it blew a hole in the oil pan it might not be rebuildable, usually when they do that a lot of internal damage occurs.Sounds like it ate a piston and sent a rod thru the oil pan. When you get the engine out pm me and we can do an autopsy on it and see what you need to do.

lol this i kno but what i was saying is that i have another motor to work on for a complete rebiuld but im going to pull the motor within this month

Back