oh no .. worried !!

89tird

do really fast bubbles in ther overflow necesarily have to indicate bad hg's ??

or could it be air in the system ? .. my thermostat housing has a bad leak and i just kind of fixed it today but it still leaking , i started the car for the first time in 3 days , started it for like 30 seconds then i shut it off.

then i just heard and saw alot of bubbles in the overflow.. no white smoke or anything i just hope its not hg's again just did them twice and it was holding on preety good lately..

please tell me its air in the system.:(

because i need to replace the thermostat housing , wont i still get air bubbles through there ?

thanks for the quick reply

well in theory, your system is pressurizing, thus blowing coolant out of the thermo housing.......get it up to temp and bleed air out then look for bubbles.....best thing is to go get litmus paper and check for exhaust gasses in coolant:rolleyes:

I've had a loose radiator cap cause that. The ones with the flip up release levers leak the most.

ok ill bleed the air off if it doesn't fix it ill change rad cap since its the oem one

As stated, you must open the purge bolt on top the engine while filling the system, or you WILL get trapped air. Hopefully, purging the air will fix your problem.

JD

I'm going to go ahead and say that it certainly isn't a good sign (as far as headgaskets are concerned). Good luck.

-Rod

Its not litmus paper, it a kit usually called a Block Tester. Napa and Carquest both sell good models. It consists of a check valve mounted in a cylinder with a cone on the bottom. The cone goes in the radiator hole with ur coolant down about an 1 1/2 inch from the neck. Then place 1oz of check fluid which is blue and will turn yellow upon carbondioxide (if ur skeptical just take a sample an run in by ur exhaust pipe, it will change instantly). Then place the cover stoper on with the vaccum line going to a vaccum source so i can suck any air being release by the engine to sniff for CO2. Run engine for 5 or so min and you should have ur results. The actual instructions are longer and more detailed. The kit usually cost 40-45 dollars. extra bottles are $7 each, each does about 12 tests.

ran it for like 3 minutes today , no bubbles while running , loosened the bolt on the tstat while running and turned the car of , no bubbles so i think it was just air in the system , still gotta replace the damn housing.

thanks all

Back