Upgrading Front end

Superchared_SIx

Now that I have a massive clunk in the front end, I figured it's time to tackle the front.

I have already swapped to the 94 spindles and added 13 inch cobra rotors.

Last spring I installed Tokico ARC shocks front and rear with poly mounts, Eibach springs with new poly cups, Rear outer poly kit, addco 1 1/4 " bar with poly bushings and short links, tranny mounts and diff mounts.

I want to install a larger sway bar and replace every thing.

Im just wondering what size bar I should go with to match the rear ? Also im wondering what recomendations every one has for bushing in the front ? As well I have seen alot of bashing of the poly bushings should I ditch the poly stuff I have or stick with it?

If it helps at all im riding on 18 x 9 rims with 245/45 front and 275/40 in the rear.

Any one have a recomendation ?

Ive dug a little deeper and found that TCCOA recomends that you use the same diameter bar in the front as the rear. Also i've read that most are recomending to change the strut rod to frame and strut rod to control arm bushing. If I am going to chnage these bushings should I replace them with a poly one or just a stock replacement.

I guess what it comes down too is the purchase of the front end poly kit from scp. Is the kit worth the money.

Last edited:
'Old' post again.

SCP has what looks to be a good set, but haven't installed ANY of the bushings yet. Bill's kit includes OEM Ford bushings for the LCA strut rod.

So buying his kit (not knocking it) just for the strut rod bushings isn't going to help you any - just get the Ford ones from your dealer.

DO NOT buy aftermarket bushings for the LCA end of the strut rod.

Back