S-port or mp111/mpx

rdrace1968

I have heard two different trains of thought on this issue. The sport performs almost as weel as an mpx/mp111 but you do not have to spin it so fast. Or you will never produce enough boost with s-port. For 300rwhp which would one go with?

If your going for 300 you can get there with the s-port.Actually you could probably get there with a stock late model blower on a head and cam car.

Jay

I have heard two different trains of thought on this issue. The sport performs almost as weel as an mpx/mp111 but you do not have to spin it so fast. Or you will never produce enough boost with s-port. For 300rwhp which would one go with?

The S port with an MP inlet plenum will be plenty of supercharger to reach 300 rwhp. Just to clarify....there are several other things needed besides the supercharger.

David

I will have a magnum powers fmic a throttle body high top and opened up exhaust. These are my plans anyway. It is currently a stock 94 5sp. But by the time I purchase the s port and the inlet I am almost to the price of and mpx. Is there any advantage to the s port because I do not have to spin it as fast?

Last edited:
You basically have a non S ported blower on your car now. An S-port is a stock 94-95 blower that has been ported, which can easily be done with the right tools a couple hours time in your garage.

I would recommend some more bolt ons as you have a blower that is already capable of making decent numbers. It will take internal mods to get you to the magic 300RWHP mark.

The MPx will require more harware as it likes to be spun faster which leads you to purchase the MP 25%OD kit also.

MP inllet and get your 94-95 blower ported..Save money and great for a stock motor upgrade..Then get a good tune when all is said and done

I'd recommend going with at least a set of 42# injectors as well as a 76mm C&L. I'm running the late style blower with mild porting, the stock inlet, stock TB, 76mm MAF and my car is now seeing over 80% duty cycle with the 42's. Not a big issue right now but could be once I get a cam and do some more work on the heads.

If you go with an MP inlet, bigger TB, bigger MAF and a ported late style (S port) you will max out your current injectors.

Finally, as mentioned get a tune to maximize what you have ;) which Dave D would be the person to talk to there.

Last edited:
Frit Miller did fine with 42's head/cam(520 lift) and basically all you said. Yes 42's would be a great upgrade as well just to be on the safe side.

I went 13;22 on a S port clone never dynoed it and a ported intake 70mm tb ported heads ,
89 5 spd cam cut 50k on bottom of lobes 42 lbs inj ported exh manifolds stock ic stock top and 15% od to blower via crank pully and jackshaft pully,

using stock 92 maf with center post cut and sample drilled to 15/32 and a bolt installed to adjust air flow to sample tube hey it worked and passed so calif smog like this . S port is a very mild porting of newer blower . no welding needed .

the heads i where its at with out ported heads its hard to make power and cam choice id go with the 509 cam wish i had mine was to tame .

Last edited:
Back