Lentech SC'ers, OVER DRIVE indicator light on early SC's? (pic)

92bird

Anyone know why ford added this indicator to our dash?? This is the panel from my '92 SC 5 speed (see attached pic)

Only 94+ T-birds had electronically controlled transmissions..

There was a bulb in it too.

This plesantly surprized me, as I will use that indicator for my OD delete on the 4R70W swap! Those of you who have lentech AOD's with the OD delete switch may find this useful for a "factory look" OD indicator lamp as well.

Jeramie

Attachments

• MVC-009S.JPG
    MVC-009S.JPG
    37.8 KB · Views: 175
Last edited:
Comes on when you hold the car in 3rd on the dyno when it wants to up shift into OD. Mine even had a annoying buzzer.

Comes on when you hold the car in 3rd on the dyno when it wants to up shift into OD. Mine even had a annoying buzzer.

I think you are confusing that with the upshift indicator (the up arrow on the tach)

I notice the "firm ride" indicator on there too...my 1994 has this on the instrument panel too but the firm ride indicator on mine illuminates on the info center below the radio. Did the pre 94 cars use that lamp? Just wondering, the only SC i've ever been in is my 94....

now only if you could make it come on when the car was in the od shifter spot.. and once it would be in d it would be off or somthing.. idk.. lol cool find thos..

wonder the reason for putting it there?

oh ya, on my 5speeds which obviously dont and will not use that I was planning to change that somehow to light up with for example a cruise control button (light on when ur in cruise) or I thougth of an indicator fabbed up to let u know when your fiberglass hood is not latched all the way down. I know lots of people would benefit from such athing and not have their aftermarket expensive hoods fly in their windshield when driving:D. Something like this shouldnt be too hard to rig..its just like those buttons for the doors...nothing a bit of ingenuity wont solve.

I thought worst case scenario just bypass all the cluster wiring and simply hook up two wires directly to the pre-existing bulb.

now only if you could make it come on when the car was in the od shifter spot.. and once it would be in d it would be off or somthing.. idk.. lol cool find thos..

wonder the reason for putting it there?

I think the OD light comes on when you are above a certain rpm while in OD. I don't remember the specifics, but I do remember seeing the light.

Back