return heater core line sensor

Miller

On the later model cars the return heating line has a sensor in it... Im looking to clean up that side of the engine and was thinking of getting rid of the hard pipe.. What is that sensor for ? Could I tie it into the ECT sensor because it pretty much reads the same thing?

Patrick is correct. That piece ties in with the EATC (auto. climate control). If you want that system to function properly, it needs that switch. Chances are it could be relocated though.

cheers
Ed N.

On the later model cars the return heating line has a sensor in it... Im looking to clean up that side of the engine and was thinking of getting rid of the hard pipe.. What is that sensor for ? Could I tie it into the ECT sensor because it pretty much reads the same thing?

Hey miller, don't throw out that hard pipe... you could sell that to some one that doesn't have climate control and they could use that to install a temp sensor for an aftermarket temp gauge.

Just a thought, as I thought about trying to get one of those myself.

And that hard line goes bad...So if yours is good definitely at the very least hold onto it. Unsure if you can get it anymore

Back