Anybody know this one?

Quick Cat 89

Guys i need to know the best way to lower my 89 xr7. Does anybody know a link to some springs that will lower it about 2 inches or so. It needs it really bad. And also i need another front clip for it, if anybody knows someone that wont jerk my arm off for one. When i bought the car that guy had tried to run from the cops and ended going off road, and hit a big rock and ripped it out of the bottom and bent that lower strut bar. So if anybody knows where i can get any of those i would highly appreciate it.

Thanks
Todd

You could install some h&r springs they list as a 1.75" drop.You can buy them at shox.com that's where I ordered mine.

Jay

Ditto on the H&R springs. IMHO H&R sport springs are the best choice for an SC. After doing some research I put H&R's on my 95 SC about six or seven years back and I don't regret that decision at all. I ordered another set for my 94 SC from Tire Rack a couple of weeks ago which will be installed this coming spring. There advertised to drop 1.7" in front and 1.5" in back. Here is a pic of my 95 SC lowered with H&R sport springs.

white1.jpg

I've yet to experience the H&R springs, but I can say that I'm very happy with the Vogtland springs. Vogtland offers a 3/4" or 1.6" drop. When we originally had them developed there were also quite a few sets made that were a 1" drop.

I know that Bill at SCP sells both Vogtland and Eibach lowering springs.

-Rod

Back