Wheel hop problems

Quick Cat 89

Does anybody know what i can do about the extreme wheel hop it has? This is VERY agrivating. I cant hardly stand on it without it hopping. You all are the only ones that i would think would know. So if anybody knows please relay the remedy to me. I'd GREATLY appreciate it.

Thanks,
Todd

It might help if we knew a little more about the car. Otherwise you're only going to get the usual reasons you already know.

Ira

Rebuild the rear suspension if it's worn or has alot of mileage.You can also install an oversized rear swaybar and or install airbags in your rear springs.

Jay

Use a set of Good Tires
New suspension / IRS Differential Bushings
IRS Pinion Brace
"So-Cal Wheel Hop delete Mod" .. do a search. ;)

- Dan

ok this worked on three out of 4 sc,s ive owned.

lower rear subframe from car few inches remove the center post from mounts or mount as case may be some had one peice and one i had had multi peice mounts anyway cut 1/8 inch from center post this makes rbber squish up tighter .

most of wheelhop is caused by subframe walkig back and forth due to lausy sub frame mounts. click link

http://www.sccoa.com/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=20419&d=1148107664

Im trying to talk my wife into investing some cash to get a shipment of the good stuff I think i could sell em fast as i can make em if i can get the right material to work with . from them.

try manually selecting firm ride with the console switch---may not completely cure it but it sure helps, provided the shocks are working..................Dan

unbolt rear subframe lower down make a washer to fit in cup that is covering it then cut 1/8 inch off the center post in picture the washer looking part of it make it half its thickness. then bolt it all back up it gets ride of 90% of wheelhop

Back