Normal operating temp

95CaliSC

I have a 95 auto that seems to have a cooling problem. But for a frame of reference what does your SC's usually run at on the temp gauge? I just had the rad fan replaced and am gonna move on to thermostat, water pump. Seems to not heat up at idle, which is odd but can get toasty at freeway speeds.*needle up at about 3/4* Sometimes it even goes just past norm on the gauge then dips back to N. Up and down, not sure what is going on. I am thinking perhaps the thermostat is sticking but not sure. Thanks in advance for any help.

maybe air in the system? have you added or changed coolant latley? Id do the fan mod and the 180 stat mine use to run like that now it never gets above the O after I did that even when its 95% out . you dont have any white smoke blowing out the exuast do you? check the oil dip stick for water in the oil, or the radiator it will be a white cream color that would be a head gasket good luck. the 180 stat mod and the fan mod you can find under search

Sounds like you need to clean the sender post and tighten up the connector just a tad. Then see how it goes. As long as you have coolant in the overflow bottle, the system should have purged any air after about 3 heat up/cool down cycles. Did you say that the thermostat was new? Don't use one of the fail-safe models.. they are junk IMO. :cool:

Well, I am sure the head is fine. Oil was just changed couple weeks ago and is still nice and clear*normal new oil color*. Very possible it could have air in the system tho. How do you go about purging it? Is it something that it should do on its own with water in the overflow? I have noticed is seems to leak some water after driving a bit, not sure if its the radiator or gasp, the timing chain cover but the hoses all seem to be fine. If it has a coolant leak will it ever be able to get the air out?

Thanks for your responces guys.

theres tanish color bleeder on top of the intake right near the upper hose you open that up when you fill it. DONT OPEN WHEN HOT. when its cool open it up and run the car when is bled it will be straight fluid

Back