catalic converters

new cats is the easiest way. unless you dont have emissions you can ditch them and run test pipes in the locations, you can get hi-flow cats from supercoupeperformance.com which will pass emissions and still allow the engine to breath good. They run 70-80 depending on the size you need!

whats the car running like ?

how do u know for sure the cats are clogged ?

She has no power up hills, and Im getting the rotten smell.

I know its not a tune up, Plugs,wires,Vacuum lines, coils,maf and throttle body gasket are new.

new cats is the easiest way. unless you dont have emissions you can ditch them and run test pipes in the locations, you can get hi-flow cats from supercoupeperformance.com which will pass emissions and still allow the engine to breath good. They run 70-80 depending on the size you need!

I dont have to worry about emissions but no one cut them off. I had a good exhaust shop but had problems with a bad system on my old mustang.

Catalytic converters can be clogged by many things. 1. Running leaded fuel 2. Unburned fuel {running rich} 3.Bad vacuum leaks. 4. Blown headgaskets. 5. Defective baffles in mufflers. 6. Kinked exhaust pipes. Being clogged actually means the honeycomb of the catalyst has overheated and melted or bas broken up and is obstructing the flow of exhaust thus limiting power. Hope this clears things up.

From what I've heard, people who eliminate the cats... have a difficult time making the exhaust note ever sound good again. Most frequent complaint is a buzzy sound. Something to keep in mind. So if twere me, I'd get hiflow cats.. good for emissions, good for breathing, and good for sound. :cool:

Back