Putin' a 4.6L in an 1990SC

thundertaz1990

My 1990 SC packed it in about a year ago and I'm thinking about putting a 4.6L in it. I undestand I would need the complete engine, wiring harnis and computer. I've been told the Manual 5spd bellhousing should fit and with some custom engine mounts everything will fit between the struts. Now with all that said is there anything I'm forgetting or are there other problems I might run into.

If someone has done this before could they email me at thundertaz1990@yahoo.com Maybe with some advice about possible pitfalls and how to avoid them.

Thanks.

killing an sc?

poor poor car i feel such sorrow hearing the thought of a poor dying sreaming chicken. build the sc or buy a 4.6 t-bird but dont kill a poor sc sell it to someone and buy one with the v-8

The M5R2 bellhousing will not mate to the 4.6. It's much easier to use a 302 or 351.

Yes..

The 3.8/4.2 and later, as in something like mid 70's and up, I think, 302/351's have the same bellhousing mounting pattern.

Try the TCCOA they have a swap BBS. I doubt you will get much help here on this subject.

Jeff

Back