95 injectors on 89 without tune?

35thauto

SCCoA Member
I need a quick yes/no, I need to replace 2 injectors on my 89 5spd that has 30lb
, can I replace all 6 with 36lbs from a 95 with out needing a tune? It is in stock form with a 10% & ported exhaust manifolds & magnaflow res.

I can get these 36lb injectors now & get started or wait for 30's

Can I run 36's direct & no other mods?

thanks.

Shouldn't be a problem really since the computer can adapt enough for those during normal driving. You will run rich at WOT though, which is better than running lean ;).

Any work on your car you should, since you should be disconnecting the battery anyway. Initially your car may run rich even at idle etc until its learned what the corrections need to be. You also may find starting might be initially rich as well at all times.

Ok I appreciate your quick reply...:) A thought, should I get a 94/95 MAF to go with it too? I can get one if needed.

i'm sure itll help you out having bigger injectors.. is this the 5-speed car you got crapped injectors on?

36lb injectors are 20% larger than stock which will put the EEC at adaptive limits under all conditions. It will learn eventually but I'm guessing your fuel mileage will suck and you'll get more than a few check engine lights.

i'm sure itll help you out having bigger injectors.. is this the 5-speed car you got crapped injectors on?

You don't need to reply , Tuners only..........or someone that knows!

Thanks Ftuner & XR-7Dave, BTW I did a search & nothing fit my Q !!

Attachments

• Bozo.JPG
    Bozo.JPG
    10.1 KB · Views: 29
Last edited:
i'm sure itll help you out having bigger injectors.. is this the 5-speed car you got crapped injectors on?[/QUOTE ]

You don't need to reply , Tuners only..........

Thanks Ftuner & Dave!

Ouch!.... actually I'm not really a tuner, I just decode the programming in the EEC, Dave's the real tuner ;), even though I have tuned my car myself with Dave's help, so maybe I'm a bit of a tuner :).

Matt,
If you prefer a short term fix, I believe I have a couple 30lb injectors sitting in the garage...Let me know if you want those instead of trying to upgrade to the 36s...short term... ;)

Back