radiator fan wire short....

johnrada

So i was driving today and i smelled something funny, it smelled kind of like burning clutch but I know there was no way thatwas the problem being how the clutch is fairly new and I almost never beat on it. So i finally get to a stop with my friend and we take a look and I let the car keep running, a wire starts smoking so I turn off the car and disconnect the wire. Turn the car back on to see if it keeps running, and it does. After a little bit of idle the car gets a little hot so we look to see if the radiator fan is still on, and it is not. So now i'm stuck, good thing its cold out so I can at least drive the short distance home but, does anyone know why this happened? there is no extra stress on the fan than any other time the car has run, so does anyone know the problem? maybe I just need a new fan? I most certainly have to replace those shorted out wires :mad: so any ideas please? sorry i didnt search in advance, i'm stuck at a friends house and his internet is not very great.

Fan

John,

If it's the fan I have an extra 1, only cost ya a big pie at the "SAW MILL"... LOL:D

maybe one time we could go there, but as for myself i'd either want an aftermarket really supre nice one after this fan, aside from that I already got one on the 91 sc at my house also, but thanks for the offer.

same thing happend to my lx it was the fan, but now my car heats up till the m before the fan kicks on it always used to stay on the n :mad:

i can't plug it back in or it shorts out again, I don't know if it's the fan or what really yet that's what i'm trying to find out. any and all information is appreciated

Ok then!

Can't find Pizza like that anywhere!!!!!! When I get the SC running right, we'll have to meet up, eat some pizza and check out the chicks on the boardwalk:D

Tom

i work at the boardwalk in point, so seaside isn't that far off, i'm down for cars/girls/pizza but when I get to my dad's house i'll definitely throw on that other fan

Back