3.8 Supercoupe swap to Ranger

Lightningf150

Hello? I haven't been this site for longgg time!! I just wanted to ask you and been consider almost couple weeks about 3.8 engine. I been search try to get info. Since the reason I still do have 1992 T-bird supercouple. I just wanted to take 3.8 supercoupe and inculde 5 speed tranny out and would LIKE TO put 1996 Ranger Ford Truck. I just trying to figure out about mounts. DO I have to welder or can find mount kit? I dont want 4.0 or 5.0 motor put in Ranger. I just want 3.8 with supercoupe which is supercharged! Want put in Ranger.. Please let me know quick. Thanks.

Rangers used the cologne V6 motors, SC's use a Essex v6. Completely different motor. Mounts are completely different as well.

There are a couple guys that have fabbed up SC motors in other vehicles, maybe they can tell you how much work it was.

Rangers used the cologne V6 motors, SC's use a Essex v6. Completely different motor. Mounts are completely different as well.

There are a couple guys that have fabbed up SC motors in other vehicles, maybe they can tell you how much work it was.

Is there way I can find that who already experince with Ranger swap with engine mounts for sc motors. Also 5 speed m5r32 will work on Ranger too?

People have put 3.8s in rangers before. You will need to use motor mounts from a 1986 mustang 3.8L. you will also need to drill a hole in the cradel for the drivers side mount AND cut a small notch in the frame on the passanger side for the exhaust manifold to clear. the 3.8 is wide and that means chopping the heater box also. There is some good info at this link too. http://www.therangerstation.com/tech_library/3_8_Conversion.html

Back