Comp Cam Question

lil itty bitty girly cam I got here..They usually tell you on the cam card and it wasnt listed. Thanks dude

I assume it's the stage 1 cam:

259/271 duration
204/216 @.050
.480 lift

The Comp stage 2 (as sold by SCP):

265/281 duration
210/226 @.050
.500 lift
114.0 lobe sep

On the box and card it lists .460 lift. (.460 * 1.73/1.60 = .497). Close enough for the girls I go out with. Might have been amusing to get all upset about getting the wrong cam but not much surprizes me anymore.

1.60 is the more common ratio as used on SBC and most SBF, except the cleveland series.

First impression with the stage 2 cam is that smooth idle is at the edge of the stock converter but I'm hoping to mellow it down with AFPR and tuning. Also made several other changes at the same time, including injectors and porting, so it's not necessarily the cam.

yup thats he cam. 115 lobe separation..I'm going with somethin a bit larger but i had this one lying arouns as well and was curious

Thanks guys

Damon my Comp cam is spec'd with the 1.73 rockers if you wanna be sure how your's is listed just divide you're gross valve lift # by your lobe lift # and whatever you end up with is your rocker ratio.

Jay

Jay,

Few nitrous kits, cams, blowers, MAFS, pulleys..Just a bunch of stuf. I think after this round with teh teal car ill be geting rid of a bunch of stuff. Between the three birds I think Ive had enough of them for some time. Want something a lil newer

Back