brake upgrade

shawpdx1

IM going to go pull these front rotors calipers, and spindles of this 93 SC . for my front upgrade, the backs as I remember arent different than my 92's right?, also are the calipers bigger on the 93 and it is the same bolt pattern as my 92 right? but it will give me more options for bigger dual calipers if I decide to go with some cobra rims. just dont want to get into having to buy new rims right now trying to get all the important stuff done. thanks TEd

The 93 rear calipers are different than the 92s. The only reason you might consider changing them is if you decide to upgrade to Cobra rear rotors in the future--the 89-92 calipers don't work well with that swap.

RE: Brake Upgrade

With the 93 front spindles you may use any or all the current brake upgrade kits. I just used 2000 Mustang PBR
calipers on stock drilled rotors. Works great.

No you don't need the rear knuckles. The primary difference with the later model rear calipers is the piston size of the caliper. It is longer than the early models so there is no chance of you having the pistons pop out if you allow the rear brakes to wear down too far. This is possible if you use Mustang rotors which have a slightly different offset than the original SC rotors. However with that said, I have been using the 92 SC calipers for over 4 years with the rear Mustang Rotors with no issues related to that combo.

Back