vmm is it possiable to add one???

If you do not have an oil level sensor installed, you will need to replace the oil pan with one that has one, and you would also need to see if the wires are installed for the VMM itself. Those are the most dificult issues I see.

My SC came with the VMM. After my car threw a rod and busted the oil pan, I purchased an oil pan that wasn't drilled for the VMM. Sent the pan, with the sensor, to a machine shop. They drilled and tapped it for the sensor.

I'm not sure about the wire harness issues. Wonder if all SC's were wired for the VMM?

Eddie
'90 5-speed SC
'97 LX sport

My 93 LX has the wires for the coolant bottle. Never checked for the oil pan sensor wires.

I believe all the wiring is in place for the system, but the aforementioned sensors will need to be installed in the oil pan and coolant reservoir. Probably not worth the hassle unless you're planning to have the engine out anyway (for the oil pan mod/swap).

JD

I believe all the wiring is in place for the system, but the aforementioned sensors will need to be installed in the oil pan and coolant reservoir. Probably not worth the hassle unless you're planning to have the engine out anyway (for the oil pan mod/swap).

JD

mine seems to have all the wiring but dont seem to have a vvm or the plugs for in.. i havent really looked to hard were it would go but i didnt see them while hooking the radio up...

mine seems to have all the wiring but dont seem to have a vvm or the plugs for in.. i havent really looked to hard were it would go but i didnt see them while hooking the radio up...

Yours is probably there, just secured to the trunk harness. Many times, the accessory wiring pigtails are taped back against the main harness trunk with a piece of colored electrical tape (to make them easier to see for the line workers). If the accessory isn't used, then the "extra" wiring is secured out of the way. If the accessory is specified, the line worker just pulled the pigtail off the main harness, breaking the tape-back, and plugged in the accessory.

JD

Back