Will the 95 auto tranny fit in 90 sc (auto)

white90sc

im thinking about buying a tranny from this kid and its out of a 95 t-bird sc auto, what i wanted to no, will it bolt right on my 90sc auto?? will the leakeges all go together what do i need to change them? anyone do this or here of the change please let me here thanks...

Thanks,
Jerry

Hmmmm...

It will fit, but they are two totally different trannys. I do not know the difference, but i'm sure that the others will know.

The later SC trannies were AODE [electronic overdrive],computer controlled units....Ford AOD's are plentiful,not hard to find.
z

Not all AOD's are created equally. The SC AOD has a larger OD drum/band and a larger od servo plus other upgrades. To use any AOD will cause the trans to fail from the SC's added low end torque. There are AOD related seghts that will give U details and what trans U can use.

Using the electronic 4r70w in an AOD car requires some electronic support. You can change to late-model computer & engine sensors [real PITA] or use the Baumann controller, but its expensive.
http://www.baumannengineering.com/

You could also rebuild the AOD using the 4r70w internals, to make a wide-ratio AOD. There's good info on the Baumann site.

Last edited:
Back