HP Series Suspension Kit Question!

FuriousFord

UPDATE: Suspension Max has a auction on Ebay and it is entitled, SpringTech Nitro Gas shocks. Here's the link: http://search.stores.ebay.com/Suspe...sooZ1QQfsopZ1QQfsubZ6QQsaselZ46374445QQsofpZ0 I've asked the seller if the action is for Shocks and Struts, or just the Struts. I am assuming that it is for both shocks and struts, but I was a little mislead by the title of the auction. DAMON, didn't you say you purchased this kit, and didn't it include shocks and struts? I just want to make sure before I buy anything.

Last edited:
Youll loose your ride control but thats a good deal there imo. Just wondering what the ride quality of that kit would be

Most people I've talked to who have used the Tokico shocks have not been happy with them at all. I know the better alternatives (Koni/Eibach) are more expensive, but that's what I've got and I am extremely pleased with it.

You guys should not shop on Ebay for performance suspension parts. Shox.com blows those prices out of the water and they include free shipping on most packages. Be sure to tell them someone from SCCOA referred you.

Have any of you used the KYB GR-2 Struts and Shocks with performance springs? How did you like them? I am leaning toward the Koni/Eibach Kit, but they are just too expensive!

If I say that a SCCOA member referred me, will they give me some kind of discount, or what?

I dont know if SHOX.com can beat that price however that is where I generaly shop. The tokico shocks I have that are ARC I was not happy with at all. These are not those so I cnat comment

I was not happy with any of teh Eibach kits I have used on any of my cars including my SC's and well teh konis in my stang kinda made it feel like a slot car..even when loosened up a bit.

The KYB's in my buddies car seemed allright

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/SPRI...012QQitemZ220114906377QQrdZ1QQsspagenameZWD1V

What I had recently purchased. Made in USA by a reputable source. For teh price I;m happy

Last edited:
Most people I've talked to who have used the Tokico shocks have not been happy with them at all. I know the better alternatives (Koni/Eibach) are more expensive, but that's what I've got and I am extremely pleased with it.

I think you are talking about the Tokiko Illumina 2 shocks, which retain the factory ARC. Those are overpriced, and pretty soft compared to the non-adjustable tokikos.

I have the non-adjustable Tokiko "blues" (the ones in the link) and they are a GREAT shock, much stiffer than the Tokiko Illumina 2's. I hated my Eibach springs due to the "pogo" effect. But decided to keep them once I put the Tokiko blues on because they did such a good job dampening them.

A local SC guy has that HP kit. The springs are linear, somewhat soft but the whole "package" works well. Its comfortable and worlds more control over the factory SC springs adn shocks. I will probably eventually replace my Eibach springs with those springs. They are a lot more predictable going into the corners.

Jeramie

Have any of you used the KYB GR-2 Struts and Shocks with performance springs? How did you like them?

I have a set of the KYB’s and 1.5 drop suspension tech springs on one of my SC‘s. I believe there are a few of us that have this set up. The KYB’s are decent but I have seen some comments as to a short life expectancy that has not been my own experience. The KYB’s give the car a firmer ride but not so firm that it is abusive. The combo I have on my car has made it a very decent handling car and still has good comfortable ride.

I dont know if SHOX.com can beat that price however that is where I generaly shop.

Damon

Ebay 386 + 36 Shipping
Shox.com 375 shipping included.

Shox.com FTMFW!

I've bought several sets from Shox.com and they are always cheaper than anyone else on anything they sell. I tried buying that Springtech stuff but when I called they said they don't have anything for Tbirds. I asked why they had an ad for them on Ebay and they didn't know. Not the kind of people I'd recommend to deal with but if you actually got your stuff then it's all good I guess. :)

Dave thats a good deal then. I always look toward shox.com and have bought many items from them including my tokicos and ST stuff years back. Goes to show ya ..ALWAYS shop around.

ST Shocks and Springs

DAMON, did you buy ST Shocks and Springs, or did you buy Struts and Shocks and purchanse different springs? Let me know, I am really interested in buying those shocks and springs!! They are extremely cheaper than the KONI Kit.

Thanks everyone!
Dave

I had bought ST springs several times in the past. They are a linear rate and are considerably stiffer then any progressives out there such as the current Eibachs or Toxicos.

Now I have not tried the springtech springs however their struts and shoxs are nice and a good deal. I would imagine their tbird springs to be of a sim rate as the ST I have..However just email them and ask.

If you dont mind a harsher ride for increased handeling you cant go wrong

Thanks for the advice! I emailed them last night, and asked them a few questions. The link that you put up, for thier auction, is it just the struts or does it come with shocks too?

Thanks again,
Dave

Back