Springfield Meet... Who's coming?

351cat

Who thinks they may actually be able/willing to do a springfield dinner/drag meet? We've got decent food, and a choice of two drag strips, believe it or not... one is 10 bucks and i havent priced the other one yet... i think test n tune is on saturday nights, but i may be wrong, theres plenty of hotel/motels here too, and the roads arent confusing ;)

I'm not expecting many of you to do this, but LMK. I might be suprised lol...

I'm setting the date as April 18, its a Friday.

We'll be eating at Fish. It's a seafood restaurant and its close to Bass Pro on the way to the track (kind of)
Here's a link to their Menu. There's also a map of where its at on that page. They have some killer drink specials, and i hear their fish and chips is awesome.

Gates open at the strip at 5:30. $8 to watch, $12 to race as many times as you can. rules are on the website, pretty general stuff

www.ozarkdragstrip.com

Here's a new feature. Maps! LOL.

Heres one showing where Bass Pro is. The "A" on the map is Bass pro. SW corner of Campbell and Sunshine.

BassproMap.png

Here's where Fish is. 900 E Battlefield Rd.

fishmap.png

And here's an Idea of where they relate to each other. The blue dots represent the actual locations.

springfieldmap.png

Last edited:
What timeframe are you lookin at?? Wouldn't mind going to dragrace somewhere I can get more than one run.

probably mid to late april, plenty into spring so you all w/ summer tires wont be skeered, lol... Also that way it wont interfere too much w/ the march 29/30th thing that jason is scheming...

EDIT, i didnt think it'd be too hard to talk jason into it, lol. bass pro freak. :rolleyes:

Last edited:
I'll do my best. Nail down a date, and a backup date lol. Rain FTL.

On a side note, I went to chat a minute ago, and even I was a little disturbed by what was going on in there. I left. That is all.

I'd love to go, give me a date and I'll check my schedule.

By the way Ryan, you can usually get all kinds of runs in at MoKan.

LOL Not to worry, I've been trying to get these guys down to MoKan for years. Got a few here once during the "Tear apart the LE meet".

Springfield sounds great. And I'd love to see Bass Pro again.

once i hear from a few more people, i'll get a date, also gotta check the tracks schedule. (both of em, lol)

I changed the title to more closely reflect springfield's attractiveness, lol. We also have kickass cashew chicken :)

Last edited:
Nail it.....

Get a date. That's what is needed 1st. Which tracks are in your area? MoKan means more runs.

MoKan is a fair distance from Springfield (Probably at least an hour). I think he's referring to other drag strips in the Springfield area.

MoKan is a fair distance from Springfield (Probably at least an hour). I think he's referring to other drag strips in the Springfield area.

Bingo, MoKan is about an hour and a half away, according to google :)
Heres the website for the local strip

http://www.ozarkdragstrip.com/

I'm thinking Friday, April 18. Its a test and tune day and the gates open at 10:30AM. I went at 10:00 PM once last year and i got three runs in before Midnight. They get busy sometimes, but they usually keep it running smoothly. :) They usually stay open till at least 1 in the morning, so even if some of you couldnt make it till later, you'd still get some time.

EDIT: i've gotta get my seatbelt fixed.... dammit

Last edited:
Wooooowwwwww!

I think thats even more time than I could possibly want to race lol. I'd have to fill up 4 times!

Wooooowwwwww!

I think thats even more time than I could possibly want to race lol. I'd have to fill up 4 times!

i'm not sayin we'd be there the whole time... there's a gas station nearby that has 110 octane. it's on HWY 60 at the turn-off to the strip (if u look at the map on the site.) Not sure what they charge for it. I'm gonna try to convince my buddy to run his harley. :)

EDIT: It may be 100 octane, i dont remember, its been a while since i've been that way, may need to go investigate tonite. :)

LOL 100 or 110, just a few gallons would stop my current pinging problem.

I could spend a few hours there without problem.

How bout eats? anyplace near the track to get food?

there's fast food in rogersville, the nearest town. There's all kinds of restaurants on the east side of springfiled... about 15 or 20 minutes from the strip. i'll do some research and post up.

If you guys like the japanese cook-food-right-in-front-of-you-with-a-little-fanfare experience, there's a couple kick-~~~ japanese restaurants in town. 20 dollar meal, similar to the smokehouses prices... (they have cheaper stuff there too) and there's a couple bbq places, a lot of cheap cashew chicken restaurants (good for lunch) Im thinking japanese, they have steak shrimp squid, just about anything you'd want. whats everyone think of japanese for dinner?

Last edited:
just so you know. "japanese" does NOT mean "sushi" yes they have it, but they also have kickass teryaki steak and chicken and shrimp. They have the best lo-mein noodles i have ever had. I can think of something else if steak and shrimp gross you out that much :rolleyes: lol

Back