does anyone have BHJ balancer w/stock unbalanced pulley

JDC

Does anyone have a BHJ balancer w/a stock unbalanced pulley? How is it running? Let me know if you had a problems, can't find anyone to balance pulley, I know I can get the three pulley set from BHJ but its another $240.00 addl. dollars, would appreciate any input on this.Thanks, JD

If you gonna buy a new crank pulley get the 10% aluminum overdrive one from magnum powers. coupled with a i/c fan and different exhaust resonator ( if yours is stock ) you can get a couple extra lbs. of boost.

Last edited:
I'm running that setup at the moment-have a slight vibration. Will either get a stocker balanced, or get new pullies at some point.

Nick

I have a 94/95 with the BHJ and the stock pulley ( pulled it off at the junkyard from an 89-93 SC, same pulley though ) .. didnt balance it. Dont have any vibration issues. If it did, I would have it balanced. But even a slight imbalance might not be felt inside the vehicle but the engine internals will absorb any imbalance which can cause other issues. I only have less than 100 miles on the freshly rebuilt engine, so I was working through other issues getting the car driveable before I went through and finished other things that are not a high priority.

- Dan

Most machine shops should be able to do it. Had one done last year for $30.

i searched all over and couldn't find anybody who would balance my stock pulley. so right now i'm running it the way it is and don't notice any vibration. underdrive pulleys are high the long list of future mods.

I had mine checked at the machine shop, it was already zero balanced so they didn't need to do anything with it.

I also found this was the case - most everything was neutral balanced to begin with.

I almost ground the weight off my stocker, but decided to take it to a machine shop, and it was already zero balanced, so I'm glad I didn't mess with it. :cool:

If you are going to use the stock pulley, I think its best you make sure the counter weights are still on it. I know on mine the weight had fallen off, and the pulley was no longer balanced.

Back