software update?

ratfink

Has anyone ever updated the computers in SC to obd2? Just a thought on how to keep our cars updated in tuning software and dianostics.

You will need to replace all the engine wire harnesses, most of the sensors, and the computer itself to an EEC V.

I went with an EEC-V (OBD-II) when I swapped the DOHC in, but I don't think that really counts here. I will say that when it comes to tuning/datalogging, I really like having OBD-II.

-Rod

Has anyone ever updated the computers in SC to obd2? Just a thought on how to keep our cars updated in tuning software and dianostics.

To update an 89-93 SC to OBDII would be expensive because you'd have to change timing cover and harmonic balancer in addition to all the wiring, EEC and ignition system. The 94/5 would be easier to do.

i have a 94 auto sc and a 94 5sp waiting on a title but i am intrested in a newer computer, would be cheaper than the tweecer chips for extracting data. Also though I think you would be limited to the auto SC's as the only manuals were sc's of course. I'm curious though how the new computer would interpret the boost?

Why not go to a standalone system? I would say that it depends on what your goals are for the car, but if the stock OBD-1 computer isn't meeting your needs, then why not go standalone?

The cost of an OBD II swap would be dictated by parts availability, but I really don't think a standalone system would be that much more.

There is some really cool stuff that can be done easily with a standalone. Integrating things like Water/Alcohol injection is pretty simple. If the car is a newer auto, controlling the trans can be a challenge, but isn't impossible.

Two that come to mind are the SDS (simple digital system) or megasquirt. There are others of course. I don't really like the SDS, but I must admit that it's really simple! If you don't like the prospect of needing a computer to adjust a tune, then SDS might be for you. I've helped tune it on turbo applications and it seems to do the job well.

I think you would be limited to the auto SC's as the only manuals were sc's of course

Huh???

Vince

i have a 94 auto sc and a 94 5sp waiting on a title but i am intrested in a newer computer, would be cheaper than the tweecer chips for extracting data. Also though I think you would be limited to the auto SC's as the only manuals were sc's of course. I'm curious though how the new computer would interpret the boost?

Give it a bit longer and you'll get data logging like the Tweecer RT only alot more faster. Craig at Moates is working on the Pegasus and supposedly he's sending some prototypes in to get assembled.

Back