Where is everyone on their winter projects?

kenewagner

I have posted pictures of my blower on another thread. Alos have built a new fan shroud and overflow tank. I will run the SS braided line from the radiator to the overflow tank tomorrow. I installed new 13" cobra brakes on the front with SS braided lines and hope to have the rears done tomorrow as well. Also have built a new oil fill tube and cap which I will show tomorrow. Hows is everyone else progress going?

Ken

Forgot the pictures. Sorry Im gettin old

Ken

Attachments

• Overflow tank.JPG
    Overflow tank.JPG
    217.5 KB · Views: 117
  • Overflow tank 1.JPG
    Overflow tank 1.JPG
    192.6 KB · Views: 136
  • Cobra brakes.JPG
    Cobra brakes.JPG
    53 KB · Views: 114
I had the lower control arms replaced (again!) and finally got the alignment done last Saturday. The back was out too. It rides and drives much better now. Sorry my projects aren't as exciting as others. Right now, it's just a matter of keeping it going. :)

Well, they're not exactly "winter" projects, but rather things that need to get finished by spring, so I can get my SC back on the road...

Alternator rebuilt...case powder coated, bolts chromed...done
Fix 2x IC...done
New battery...
Repalce O2 sensors...
Replace #4 spark plug...
Replace coil...done
Replace front suspension...
Replace valve body...
Replace tensioner springs...
Replace wiring harness for IC fan...done
New tires...
4-wheel alignment...

I'm sure there's a couple things I'm forgetting now too. But nearly all the stuff I've got the parts for. I just have to wait for it to warm up to get my SC on the road again to finish up a lot of the other stuff that I need a shop for. :) We're really going to need a "help Sam meet" in not too long..hehe...

Ken,
Nice work and pic's as aways... I just took mine for a nice loooong ride today with the sunroof open and the windows down.:D

Prepping for paint a lot of sanding, 2 very small dings and stripping a bunch of parts off it. Thank GOD no rust. Pictures at 11:D

...just installed your old fmic/rad setup in my car[bought it from TwoToneThunder].....next is a stg1 Snow kit.....
z

I have a pile of parts sitting in the corner of the garage. I just need some consistent nice weather so I can spend both Sat and Sun in the garage getting all of my projects done. Here is what I have pending to install on the SC.

1. Cam shaft syncronizer
2. Overflow tank
3. Rear seat back that is unsplit
4. Passenger door panel

I did wash it last weekend using the two bucket method with my new detailing supplies I got for Christmas. I did get the alignment rechecked and adjusted and tires rotated and balanced.

I ditched the cassette deck and stuck a decent head unit in the XR7 a week or two ago. I think that is about all I'm going to do to it this winter. I've hardly even looked at the car since I parked it in November.

-Rod

I had hoped to be farther down my list, but getting old causes me to work slow, and less often I guess.

Upgrade complete fuel system for E85/Boost. (done)
Replace hose to FP gauge in hood. (done)
Replace and reroute transmission cooler lines. (done)
Make Cold Air box for YSi. (done)
Make new upper radiator mount and trim pieces. (done)
Redo carb for E85. (almost completed. (Still a small flat spot)
Replace 4.30 gears with 3.55 (pending)
Have Lentech redo valve body for higher power level. (soon)

New Winter project

Due to someone slamming into my truck during the middle of the night this will be my winter project since I have no witnesses:mad:

Thanks a Lot to whoever was the drunk driver that hit me, I hope you woke up in pain!!!!!! Peice of Sh..!!!!

Last edited:
Pictures017.jpg

[

I've got my front driveshaft loop installed. I had the exhaust refitted yesterday to accomodate the loop. I've stripped out a few lbs of no longer needed wiring and maybe another 40-50 lbs from various places. My fiberglass hood is all finished and primed and ready for painting. I'll shoot it next Sat if the temps are over 60 as per the weather channel. I hope to have it on the car by the 1st of March. All 6 of my 1000 Miglia wheels are painted with Duplicolor silver wheel paint and clear coat. They came out really good and covered over the chipped up fake chrome coating they had. I'll go over to Higgins in a couple of weeks and get my tune checked and adjusted. I had so many things break and get replaced last year that I should be good to go for the new season. It's also time to start playing with the practice tree and sharpen up my reaction times.

Back