Motor parts

skeem187

Are there any vendors that sell aftermarket ( better than stock ) internal motor parts, i.e. pistons, connecting rods, etc. i'm having my motor rebuilt as soon as I get my heads & cam back from XR7 Dave. I would like to get the motor up twords 300 horsepower without the blower if it's possible. TIA:eek:

:confused:I don't know what your using your car for but your stock parts are decant to good. Your stock crank is (forged) not worth buying another forged crank rods are decant. And the pistons are hyperutechtic I believe. and good for about a 100hp shot of nitrous max. Your motor is capable of around 550hp and ftlbs of torque with stock! internals maybe a little more. Dave is the guy to talk to he rebuilds these motors and sells them blueprinted and balanced which they are not from the factory. a set of custom forged pistons start at 600bucks which you don't really need unless you plan on running alot of n.o.s. with some money and right parts you can get to that 500!hp mark. you can get 300hp with stock motor and blower. Although you really want a 94/95 ported blower75hp! and ported heads good for around 35+-! alone. it's all in the right boltons and a (proper tune) with out those forget about it. It's gonna be hard and not ($worth) it to squezz 300hp out of a N/A six in a boat.

Last edited:
Back