quick question about double IC

Why? The Puller already blocks airflow at speed. Using a puller works fine to lower heat soak after a run though.

Why? The Puller already blocks airflow at speed. Using a puller works fine to lower heat soak after a run though.

how do you figure that? you don't practically have any airflow at low speed, the puller is sucking alot of air through the i/c. the same goes for a pusher, both would help alot more than they would hender you. D. Dalke used a setup like that and said it worked pretty damn good.

Like I said...the installed Puller fan already blocks airflow AT SPEED. I know that at low speed you don't have any airflow which is when the fan is the most useful. Once you get up to speed though the fan is actually blocking airflow. Same as for the coolant fan which is why above 46 MPH is doesn't run.

Now you are probably going to say...well what about the 94-95's they have puller and pusher coolant fans. They do....but the pusher is only a fail safe fan that runs above like 226 degrees F. The pusher is also designed as an open type fan so it blocks as little airflow as possible.

But in the end...do as you choose...it is your car. But for increasing airflow to the IC you would probably do better by installing a shortened AC Condensor.

Oh...I have a double IC...puller cooling fan...and shortened AC Condensor on my 92 daily driver.

A few years ago my Chris (Blown38) andI had almost the exact same setup in our cars. I had a puller fan on he IC and he did not. On the dyno the tuner told us that my intake tempatures were about 30 degress cooler than Chris's so the fan does work.

Now that I have the AC out of my car I took the pusher fan that was in front of the Radiator and put in front of the IC. Now when I'm at the track I have a push and pull fan. The front fan realy moves alot of air.

What Duffy is saying is the fan's are very good and very useful at low speed and while stopped. But it actually blocks airflow once the car gets up to speed, and its actually better to have the fan stop running at that point.

Heck, even the rad's high speed mode/fan is shutoff at 96mph.

RE: Duffy's reply

Duffy
Are the proper shortened A/C condensors still available?
I have my IC and radiator out right now and am thinking of a short condensor. George Clarke
aka the SonySC@hotmail.com 925-984-3785 cell.

I know George Davenport has sourced another shortened condensor. Might have to put the correct Ford style end connectors on it but the size looked right and it was an AL brazed unit. You might want to ask him about it. There is also a thread on the board somewhere that details the correct dimensions per what used to be made by Air-Con.

Has anyone experimented with using a pusher and a puller fan on a double IC? Just an idea:rolleyes:

Jeremy

You dont want a pusher puller fan I run a double IC with a puller fan mounted on the back side of the IC. Its a Summit small fan we built a special shroud for it and it pulls cool fresh air through the IC. On a pusher fan it blocks the flow through the IC and dont push enough air flow to help cool it down

I was just thinking that the 2 working together might be sufficient at higher speeds but would work best at low speeds or city driving. I don't think our ICs get much flow at any speed due to their position.

Cruising around town the IC isn't doing much anyway since unless you are in boost the supercharger bypass valve is open recirculating most of the air flow back into the inlet of the blower. The IC works primarily to lower air charge temperatures when you are in boost.

Back