PDA

View Full Version : Anyone Ever Been Here........

Want2LearnTBIRD
02-13-2008, 08:56 PM
http://www.dragway.com/

Want2LearnTBIRD
02-13-2008, 08:58 PM
only an hour north of me, just wondering

SCrazy
02-14-2008, 01:50 PM
Never been.

I generally go to New Hampshire.

Don't know why....just always gone there.

Mikessupercoupe
02-15-2008, 09:51 AM
Never been.

Hello Brian,

How's that conversion going? Let me know when you are going to NE Dragway and I'll try to make too. I can't wait to run my car this year.
Give me a call when you are ready. 781 351 9741

Mike:D

SCrazy
02-15-2008, 10:10 AM
Good to here from you Mike, hope all is well.

I've got the car all torn apart and I'm waiting for the shiny new tranny. As always with these things 6-weeks delivery has turned into 8 or more but I'm not in a big hurry right now.

I'll definately let you know when I'm headed up your way.

Want2LearnTBIRD
02-20-2008, 06:33 PM
Never been.

Really? Why do you drive the extra hour?

SCrazy
02-21-2008, 10:49 AM
Really? Why do you drive the extra hour?

I really don't why, I guess it's just the place I've always gone to. Maybe I'll give Lebanon a try this year.

Want2LearnTBIRD
02-21-2008, 02:11 PM
well have you been here: http://www.xxtuning.com

SCrazy
02-21-2008, 02:14 PM
well have you been here: http://www.xxtuning.com

Yup, couple of times. Big shop with a Mustang and a Dyno Pack dyno. I've never had any work done by them but it's a cool place and they've always had 3-4 trick cars in the showroom area.

I hear good things about their work.

Want2LearnTBIRD
02-21-2008, 06:00 PM
So where do you NE'ers go for your tunes? Whose Dr. Fred?

Ira R.
02-21-2008, 06:46 PM
So where do you NE'ers go for your tunes? Whose Dr. Fred?

Ohio ;) :p :D

Ira

bigpoppa822
02-21-2008, 11:16 PM
How many SCers go up to Epping in the summer? I'm planning to go up May 2nd for the first time with my car.

SCrazy
02-22-2008, 11:05 AM
Dr. Fred is an old time SC'er, I don't think he's been around in 5 or 6 years. He was very knowledgable and helpful guy who wound of taking a very intense job and dropping out of the SC stuff.

I have Dalke help me with my tunes, mostly I've had him look at my stuff at the shootouts. There have been some local SCT group tuning sessions put on by Mustang guys but I've never attended.

SCrazy
02-22-2008, 11:06 AM
Ohio ;) :p :D

Ira

exactly!!!

SCrazy
02-22-2008, 11:07 AM
How many SCers go up to Epping in the summer? I'm planning to go up May 2nd for the first time with my car.

I went up 4-5 times last year. Never saw another SC, it would be nice if my car were ready for 5/2 but that may be pushing it.

Maybe we can all post when we plan on heading to the track and try to meet up.

Ira R.
02-22-2008, 12:54 PM
I went up 4-5 times last year. Never saw another SC, it would be nice if my car were ready for 5/2 but that may be pushing it.

Maybe we can all post when we plan on heading to the track and try to meet up.

I don't expect to have the '95 back on the road until May, but I will be happy to make a trip if I can get some time off. Be a nice excuse to visit the child in Boston so maybe even mom will want to come.

Of course, now that New England is the horsepower capital of the SC world I need to finish my rebuild or you guys won't let me come play ;)

And the rumors abound of course. Brian has new transmission to make him go faster, Mike has a few new parts to make his engine stronger, and Ricardo just has an engine from he$$ if he can keep it running. You guys are just plain scary! :eek: :D

Ira :D

bigpoppa822
02-23-2008, 02:08 AM
Ira, do you have a kid in college in Boston, or do they just live here?

Ira R.
02-23-2008, 06:21 AM
Ira, do you have a kid in college in Boston, or do they just live here?

Actually she did go to school in Northhampton, but no, she graduated some six years ago now I think it is. She is currently staying with friends in Somerville until she can find her own place. She moved up there in Nov to take a job at Suffolk University (College?)

Ira

Want2LearnTBIRD
02-23-2008, 04:59 PM
I don't expect to have the '95 back on the road until May, but I will be happy to make a trip if I can get some time off. Be a nice excuse to visit the child in Boston so maybe even mom will want to come.

Of course, now that New England is the horsepower capital of the SC world I need to finish my rebuild or you guys won't let me come play ;)

And the rumors abound of course. Brian has new transmission to make him go faster, Mike has a few new parts to make his engine stronger, and Ricardo just has an engine from he$$ if he can keep it running. You guys are just plain scary! :eek: :D

Ira :D

Hey what about me?!?!? lol jk :D

No but really by the end of may I should have a nice little machine to compete with you guys

Ira R.
02-23-2008, 07:17 PM
Hey what about me?!?!? lol jk :D

No but really by the end of may I should have a nice little machine to compete with you guys

Hey, that's no joke! I looked at your member page and it looks like you're putting together a real nice not so little machine there. I think you will be surprised at the results.

Ira

Want2LearnTBIRD
02-23-2008, 10:56 PM
hope so, just spent every dollar i have on a few things from Big DD

Ira R.
02-23-2008, 11:00 PM
hope so, just spent every dollar i have on a few things from Big DD

:D Silly wabbit. There are never just "a few things" from him! :D

Ira

Want2LearnTBIRD
02-24-2008, 12:27 AM
Ya you are very correct about that lol

Anyway how about you sell me that 3.08TL you got there huh? I mean since your not using it and all :D

Ira R.
02-24-2008, 09:03 AM
Ya you are very correct about that lol

Anyway how about you sell me that 3.08TL you got there huh? I mean since your not using it and all :D

next year......... ;)

Ira

Want2LearnTBIRD
02-24-2008, 02:15 PM
aw poopy, but i need it before may!! :eek:

White Lightning
02-24-2008, 10:25 PM
Jeez, yer string seems to have been hijacked!!!! Well, anyway, Michelle and I go up to Leb. about every weekend ina summer, but we go up Sat. nite's to drink beer with dirt init! cheers mate! Frank H.

Want2LearnTBIRD
02-25-2008, 06:57 PM
Jeez, yer string seems to have been hijacked!!!! Well, anyway, Michelle and I go up to Leb. about every weekend ina summer, but we go up Sat. nite's to drink beer with dirt init! cheers mate! Frank H.

Sat. nights to drink beers eh?! I guess I will be seeing you out there many many times this summer. I need a lot of practice, I have never dragged race before, and i'm pretty sure my 5speed shifting skills can't be all that great either.

Can't wait for this summer.

White Lightning
02-25-2008, 09:00 PM
Yer prolly not that interested in it, but, what I was eluding to was the dirt track racetrack that is also part of that racing complex. I have become so sick of NASCAR, now called TOYOTACAR by a few of my friends and brother, that we also gave up on Stafford Springs raceway and have much better and more entertaining times having a few bev's at Leb. on a Sat. nite watching the dirt trackers slidesideway, an' it's cheap too! Last season a 20 dollar bill would get you into the track, a meatball sub and 3 beers. beat that for and entertaining nite, ya gotta go home and shower the dirt off, but hell who cares!!! cheers and beers, Frank H.