PDA

View Full Version : Wiseco Pistons group buy opportunity

XR7 Dave
02-14-2008, 10:04 AM
This group buy was a great success and is now closed. Through this buy we were able to meet the volume requirements to obtain better pricing on the pistons on an ongoing bases. Please contact me if you need forged pistons for your SC motor.

Thanks,

David

joshbea6
02-14-2008, 10:10 AM
Dave,

If I can manage to get the $$ I want in.

Josh

nickleman60
02-14-2008, 03:53 PM
Folks I'll be ordering some pistons this week and am looking to pass on some savings to anyone on the fence about ordering. Costs have gone way up over the past couple of years so don't go into shock about the pricing. This is the best I can do based on a volume purchase cost for custom pistons.

Features:

+ .030"
Effective quench pads
Oversize valve reliefs
Extra thick crowns
Anti-detonation grooves
Lowered top piston ring
Lightweight slipper skirts
Additional machining on the undersides to reduce weight where it is not needed
Pressure balance groove
Dual pin oiling
Lightweight ring package
Stainless top ring with chrome nitride face
Lower tension oil rings
Offset pin location for quiet operation and reduced wear
Lightweight 2618 forgings with Wiseco's proprietary barrel design which allows for tighter clearances (as low as .004")

Options:

Any compression ratio you want
Any compression distance you want (custom rod lengths available)
Any pin diameter you need
Lightweight tool steel wrist pins ($100 additional)
Gold ceramic top and moly graphite skirt coating ($250 additional)
6.200 H-beam connecting rods ($250 for off brand, $300 for SCAT)

Cost is $675 for the pistons, pins and rings. Production time is about 6 weeks. Please let me know this week to get in on this order.

count me in on the .030 pistons. don't know the difference between the stock length rod ( i thought was 5.926 )and a 6.200 rod, is it longer than stock or different because of the pistons? if i can use them count me in on a set of the scats also. I'm just assembling the parts for my friend who's doing the engine build for me. i can bolt anything to the outside of the engine but need someone else to do the internal stuff.

XR7 Dave
02-14-2008, 07:23 PM
Stock connecting rods are 5.915". The longer rods allow for a lighter piston. Keep in mind this will mean the crank will require re-balancing. If anyone needs this service I have an EXCELLENT V6 crank balancer available (not all shops know how to properly balance a split journal V6 crankshaft).

83GT460
02-14-2008, 09:07 PM
Count me in Dave, I will try and call you tomorrow to talk about exactly what I need and which options I want to go with.

Charles

skeem187
02-15-2008, 06:25 PM
I would like to get in on this too. I would like to talk to Dave about what options I should get for my application. Do you take paypal? 512 996 8836 just ask for Eric. Thanks

Flex
02-18-2008, 02:56 PM
Nickleman,

Aside from the lighter psitons, long rod motors keep the piston up in the flame front longer during combustion. This is supposed to improve hp and torque even more so. Also brings down the rpm's the engine will rev to.

Until recently, no one offered a stock lenght H-beam rod for our application. That is why 351 Windsor or 6.2 rods are used instead with custom pistons.

David, obviously I am in. Will get you the remaining details as soon as possible.

Anyone building a serious motor, jump on these. Will provide a solid foundation for any modifications.

cmill95
02-18-2008, 03:34 PM
[QUOTE=Flex;712849]Nickleman,

Aside from the lighter psitons, long rod motors keep the piston up in the flame front longer during combustion. This is supposed to improve hp and torque even more so. Also brings down the rpm's the engine will rev to.
QUOTE]

correctomundo, it allows the piston to dwell longer at TDC and also improves the rod angle. adding a longer rod will make more power and add reliability(with appropriate tune ofcourse)
just make sure the wrist pin isn't into the oil ring, thing start to get a little dicey at that point

nickleman60
02-18-2008, 03:45 PM
my friend who's building my engine explained the same thing you all did so i've decided to go with both the pistons and scat 6.200" rods, thanks alot for the answers. like i said earlier i can bolt anything to the outside of the motor but leave the internals to someone else...

Mike8675309
02-18-2008, 10:23 PM
I did some analysis of this in a thread where longer rods were discussed that might prove interesting.
http://www.sccoa.com/forums/showthread.php?t=23811&page=2&highlight=piston+velocity

I highly recommend the H-beam rods, the weight of the stronger rods, and stronger pistons is significantly lower than stock assemblies. The longer rod allows for even more gain in decreased reciprocating weight. This should improve performance as RPM's increase in concert with improved heads, cam, and blower. If you are rebuilding your motor, I don't think you can go wrong with this combination.

Effective quench pads

I'll be curious to see if these are different than the earlier ones.

CMac89
02-19-2008, 02:42 AM
**EDIT** forgot where I was posting.

Hook it up Double DEEEZZZ!!!!

XR7
02-19-2008, 04:04 PM
Thanks for your efforts of getting us a group buy together Dave.

You can count me in on this... for a set of everything..

Karl

Flex
02-21-2008, 12:18 PM
David,

Did you get my last email ob the pistons. The cc on the chambers came in at 57 not 73 cc. Let me know that you got this.

joshbea6
02-21-2008, 12:48 PM
Dave,

When do you need the $$$ by?

Josh

Flex
02-21-2008, 01:11 PM
Does anyone have Dave's number? He ordered my pistons based on a 73 cc chamber due to the unshrouding I did in the chambers but they actually cc'd at considerably smaller. He has not responded to emails and his pm box is full.

XR7
02-21-2008, 02:06 PM
Does anyone have Dave's number? He ordered my pistons based on a 73 cc chamber due to the unshrouding I did in the chambers but they actually cc'd at considerably smaller. He has not responded to emails and his pm box is full.

You would do best to email him here. mdkracing@alltel.net

He has always been very responsive.. if you feel there is a delay in his responce, I would assume he has something more pressing at the moment. But he will get back to you..

I just mailed my money to him yesterday. An email I got from him yesterday, he stated he was hoping to get fund to him by the end of the week

Flex
02-21-2008, 03:22 PM
Karl,

Thanks that is where I was emailing him and he has responded on a daily or semi daily basis up until yesterday. This is important as the shape of the pistons drastically changes from nearly a flat top to something with a considerable dish. I just need Dave to acknowledge that he has confirmed this with Wiseco along with the change to the ring pack. Dave buddy you out there?

pablon2
02-21-2008, 04:09 PM
Karl,

Thanks that is where I was emailing him and he has responded on a daily or semi daily basis up until yesterday. This is important as the shape of the pistons drastically changes from nearly a flat top to something with a considerable dish. I just need Dave to acknowledge that he has confirmed this with Wiseco along with the change to the ring pack. Dave buddy you out there?

He's probably torquing my main caps. Leave the guy alone. :p

XR7 Dave
02-21-2008, 09:02 PM
He's probably torquing my main caps. Leave the guy alone. :p Holy shiet! How did you know that???? I was and I'm installing your pistons tomorrow. BTW, plenty of thrust clearance on this one. :p

Everything is under control, I do work at another job so I'm not always here. I delayed the whole order slightly to get all the details worked out.

Josh, email me to see what we can do.

Flex
02-21-2008, 10:08 PM
Dave,

Paul actually emailed me that he saw you working on his motor through the spy cams he had set up at your place.:eek: I figured you would get around to me.

pablon2
02-22-2008, 01:18 AM
Holy shiet! How did you know that???? I was and I'm installing your pistons tomorrow. BTW, plenty of thrust clearance on this one. :p

Well, I am very close to that block as she and I have been through a lot. :D Sounds like I'll be running race oil. :p

Flex
02-22-2008, 12:27 PM
David,

I have discussed the top thickness of the pistons and we have decided to go with 200. Larry believes that this will be more than adequate with the coatings and will help keep the weight down.

Flex
02-26-2008, 01:36 AM
David,

I am thinking that the thicker tops could add enough weight to require a Mallory balance on the crank. Can you give me an approximate weight at 225? Thanks dude.

XR7 Dave
02-26-2008, 11:27 AM
I'll check the build sheets for the previous set I had made today. I'll call Wiseco if there looks to be an issue.

Anyone who got in on this buy, if you are installing the pistons yourself or having a local shop do the work, chances are they won't have a ring compressor that fits your new pistons precisely, so we have available for you a tapered ring compressor that you can add to your order for $30. Normal price is $45 for anyone not involved with this group buy. Just let me know if you want to add one.

Thanks to everyone for your participation in this!

David

Jason Wild
03-01-2008, 08:58 PM
David,
I sent you an email about payment but did not hear back yet whe you get a min let me know.
Jason

kbaxter
03-07-2008, 03:40 AM
Is it too late to get in on this order, just started looking at the posts again? I have just gotten around to getting serious and having the cash to be able to start the internals of the engine. I'll send Dave an email too.

Kevin

XR7 Dave
03-07-2008, 08:11 AM
Pistons have all been ordered. I have not received money from very many people on this group buy. If I have to get a loan to pay for these pistons then the group buy prices will be forfeit. Everyone please get your money in asap.

nickleman60
03-07-2008, 12:05 PM
Pistons have all been ordered. I have not received money from very many people on this group buy. If I have to get a loan to pay for these pistons then the group buy prices will be forfeit. Everyone please get your money in asap.

I hear ya Dave, I need your paypal address again. Mitchell

wiseco .030 over pistons - $675
scat 6.200 h-beam rods - $300
total - $975

CORRECT?

XR7 Dave
03-07-2008, 12:45 PM
Shipping for rods and pistons is $25, and shipping for just pistons is $20 to most places in the US. International shipping will be whatever exact costs are based on your shipping preferences.

I prefer a check or MO mailed to my business address:

SuperCoupes Unlimited
6277 Scotland St.
Madison, OH 44057

If paying by paypal you will need to add 3% to the total cover their fees + additional fees for any international payments. Please contact me with any questions about Paypal fees or check with your Paypal account first. For reference on fee schedules you will be sending money to a Premier Business Paypal account. My paypal address is mdkracing@alltel.net.

Mike8675309
03-07-2008, 12:46 PM
Dave's paypal is the same as his email address, just click the e-mail me in his sig to find it.

nickleman60
03-07-2008, 01:13 PM
I'll send you a check for $1000 even. How are my heads/intake coming along?

nickleman60
03-10-2008, 07:22 PM
Dave, check is in the mail.

Flex
03-11-2008, 12:26 AM
Come on guys, send David the money for your purchase. He should not have to front the money for our parts.

XR7 Dave
03-11-2008, 08:53 AM
Most everyone has now paid which is great. I was just getting a little concerned about having to come up with $5000 for pistons at the end of the month! :)

Mitchell, the heads are still in the works.

ironworker
04-09-2008, 10:36 PM
do u guyes have everyone now.. or am i too late

Sampo
04-10-2008, 11:01 AM
I think I will need these too...

XR7 Dave
04-10-2008, 10:31 PM
There may be some available. One person has not paid so.....

ironworker
04-11-2008, 10:04 PM
well let me now ill buy it .. I will need to now the spec on them. and how I owe u

Flex
04-23-2008, 03:37 PM
The pistons, pins, rings and compressor arrived today. I am happy that the stuff is here but it is what came with the parts I am not happy about. Having to fork out another $80 at the door for "duty". Duty that isn't even required but the government will gladly take to pad their personal slush funds.

Come on guys why are we thinking 15 years behind the times? NAFTA, NAFTA-Gate has anyone ever heard of this mysterious agreement? North American Free Trade Agreement. The one the Clintons helped engineer and now Hila-liar is shiiitting all over.

Anything manufactured in the United States, Canada and Mexico along will ALL electronics are duty free into each other's countries. Say it with me, No to Duty.

Sorry to rant about this, but this is a pet peeve of mine. I think our beauracracy should not be collecting my hard earned dollars for nothing, knowing they are not supposed.

Flex
04-23-2008, 03:40 PM
By the way Dave, they are really quite awesome. When I unwrapped one and saw the Swain coatings, I almost shed a tear of joy. With all the good stuff John bought for this beast, should take a stick of dynamite to blow it apart again.

Mike8675309
04-23-2008, 09:54 PM
When I unwrapped one and saw the Swain coatings, I almost shed a tear of joy.

This thread is totally useless without pictures! ;)

Flex
04-23-2008, 10:55 PM
Great idea Mike. Boy they sure look sweet. I'll post some pics of the parts I currently have.

fturner
05-01-2008, 06:26 PM
The pistons, pins, rings and compressor arrived today. I am happy that the stuff is here but it is what came with the parts I am not happy about. Having to fork out another $80 at the door for "duty". Duty that isn't even required but the government will gladly take to pad their personal slush funds.

Come on guys why are we thinking 15 years behind the times? NAFTA, NAFTA-Gate has anyone ever heard of this mysterious agreement? North American Free Trade Agreement. The one the Clintons helped engineer and now Hila-liar is shiiitting all over.

Anything manufactured in the United States, Canada and Mexico along will ALL electronics are duty free into each other's countries. Say it with me, No to Duty.

Sorry to rant about this, but this is a pet peeve of mine. I think our beauracracy should not be collecting my hard earned dollars for nothing, knowing they are not supposed.

I hear you about that darn stupid duty crap. The guys in the states have it easy for these cars cause they can order a part up and not get a stupid surcharge added after the fact. Also, its never consistant. One time I can get a part in and not pay anything, the next time I get nailed with a frigging $95 dollar duty fee on a $25 part :mad:..........

And god help you if you ship via Fedex or UPS.. cause they add on to that crap so they can benefit from it. I had a computer motherboard ship to me from a friend that was used, which he declared as such. The thing cost me nothing, except $112 in duty and brokerage fee's because of Fedex. I tried to complain but of course lost.

Sorry, rant is over.
Frit

XxSlowpokexX
05-02-2008, 02:16 PM
make sure you keep the pistons in thier nitrogen filled lil baggies till you use them...From what I hear the coating gets sticky when exposed to air.

Flex
05-02-2008, 06:28 PM
Can you elaborate on that Damon? Which coatings? Mine came wrapped in newspaper and no baggies.

Mike8675309
05-02-2008, 08:34 PM
They don't come in nitrogen filled bags anymore. Haven't for a long time. I assume this is because the gold coat is likely a more stable version now.

I want pics!!!!