WTB: Short A/C Condensor

SonySC

I am replacing my radiator and IC and would like to install the proper short A/C Condensor
George Clarke 925-984-3785

I don't think anyone makes a short AC condenser for our cars anymore since AirCon went out of business but I have been told from a good source that the O.E. AC condenser from a Ford Bronco (can't remember what years) will unshroud the intercooler in an SC, keep the AC functional, and is a pretty easy retrofit. I'm planning on going that way with my 94 SC one/some day.

Last edited:
86 - 88 Ranger and Bronco II with the 2.9 V6, is the application for the shorter A/C condensor. We used one of these on my 95 last year, it was an easy swap in. Line connections had to be tweaked slightly to match up with the lines on the car, and an extra hole drilled for the mounting.

cheers
Ed N.

So this is resurrecting an old post, but I am interesting in doing this swap. I have an 89 that I am swapping to the R134a. Will the Bronco condenser be alright? Any other items that I should be concerned about? The condenser is only $120 from autozone, so figure now would be the time to do it when I'm swapping the freon.

Thanks for your replies!

No need for the bronco Condenser....

Look in the group buy section. Or search Art Reyna, American Condensers.

No need for the bronco Condenser....

Look in the group buy section. Or search Art Reyna, American Condensers.

I just spoke to Art via email about the condensers. He said:

show details Apr 27 (2 days ago)

Robert,
Pass the word: this price is good until further notice so don’t worry. Originally I had suggested the members buy early in the season to avoid longer lead times which begin after March. However, I have some extra units on the shelf and could ship today or tomorrow if you need.
Regards,

Art Reyna

Product Manager

American Condenser & Coil, LLC

1628 W. 139th St.

Gardena, CA 90249

310-515-1477, xt. 111

310-515-5310, fax

artreyna@americancondenser.com

Back