Amplifier will not turn off?

Ok so i go to start my car and no go. Battery is dead, so i look behind me and my amp is on all lit up and everything. First what I don't understand is how my amp is on with my battery dead in the first place. So i jump start my car let it run for about 5 minutes. Theeeeeeeeeeeen i turn it off and amp stays on :confused: Does anyone know how this is possible, it wasn't always like this, the amp is directly connected to the Red (forget if thats + or -) connection threw a 4 gauge wire. Anyway the only way i can turn it off is to disconnect the fuse which is annoying to do everytime i get in and out of my car.

Could this be occuring due to a bad battery?

You need to hook up the remote wire usually blue on the back of an after market radio to the remote on the amp usually between the power and ground hook ups
If you have a power antenna it would be the same wire

If the remote isnt getting constant power the the remote is bad in the amp and wont let it shut off sorry the battery has nothing to do with it

So could it just be the remote wire is not connected properly on my amp or a bad connection behind the radio? That would be an easy fix...

So could it just be the remote wire is not connected properly on my amp or a bad connection behind the radio? That would be an easy fix...

Right get a volt meter and see if its getting power with everything off if so theres the problem
your running an after market radio run the blue wire(on most radios) to the remote on the amp so when the radio is on the amp comes on

i talked with him.. he had the remote wire hooked to the red.. hes outsuide now switching it to the REM wire

Back