95 145 speedo cluster into a 92

shawpdx1

is the 95 wired different? I used the whole unit and plugged it in and it dosent work, Do I need to use my 92 houseing and plug the new gauges in it?

just use the 145 speedo gauge, remove your 120 speedo and plug in the 145 speedo in its place, you can't use
the whole cluster.

just use the 145 speedo gauge, remove your 120 speedo and plug in the 145 speedo in its place, you can't use
the whole cluster.

Confirmed; the cluster assemblies are different. Just swap the speedo head, and you're good to go.

JD

thanks I found that out, all the gauges are the same right? I just put new faces On the 95 cluster gauges those will plug into the 92 housing correct?

You can either use just the speedo or all the guauges. The newer gauges look a little different if you look close. The cluster itself is wired different. I was told it could damage the system if you try to use it complete.

I believe you have to use the lens from the newer housing as well as the old gauges had some alignment holes for the dowel of the lens while the newer ones do not.

thats Great well we will see if I messed up the gauges today I hope not I thought it was just a quick complete swap. I hope these 95 gauges work in my 92 housing I just put my new white faces on them

What year is the car you are trying to put it into? The printed circuit boards changed from year to year. If you need a specific year let me know.

so I bought a 93 cluster still not worikign IM guessing I need a 89-92 for it to work right?

I don't believe it matters. I did mine which was a 91 and my brother's which was a 93 with no issue. What problem did you have with the 93 cluster?

the cluster dosent light up something is wrong when I turn on my flashers and my 2 lights for my speedo and tach flash. instead of the bulbs for the flasher my old cluster is gone I sold it thought the 94 would plug right in Im guessing I need a 92 or one with a green back the 2 I have, have 93= purple, and my 94 is light blue , my old one was green any help would be great thanks

Last edited:
Back