95 super charger VS 92

shawpdx1

well I had this cluster ISSUE( still on going) but I ran ito a fresh 95 SC with the 145 speedo still in it, grabed it for 10.00 ive never sat in a 95 I like it!! WOW very rare find anyway they want $75.00 for the supercharger and $35 for the plenum is this going to be a big HP bolt on? also should I grab the injectors? and the TB what all do I need to get off this thanks TED

is it going to give me a noticeable HP gain?. I'm going into work late tomorrow to get this. it only had 90000 on it. it also has the polished stock rims for $10.00 each

Last edited:
Definetly buy the blower and inlet even if you if you don't end up using it they sell on here all the time for $300 or better.But I'd bolt it on your car it should give you a noticable diff in power.

Jay

Get the blower and plenms and the injectors too they are 36# your older ones are 30#. You will be able to tell a significant difference.

The TB is larger than the 89-93 as well. The MAF is not much better but is calibrated for 36 lb injectors. The injectors are also 36 lb vs the 89-93 30's. Power gain is definately worth it.

The later mtor also had a windage tray, better block and heads as well. The rods are also free floaters vs the pressed pins of the earlier motors and are built stronger. Piston dish is not as deep for slightly more compression. Ask how much they want for the whole engine. Might be worth taking the whole thing if it is not damaged.

I was thinking about asking how much they wanted for the motor , I think it had a blown headgasket says it on the window maybe its still worth buying. if I dont get the whole motor I will get all the other stuff you mentioned thanks TED

If that is all that is wrong with it, no big deal. Common problem easily fixed. There are many benefits to the later motor. You can repair it and do a complete swap.

Get the MAF because the MAF is a bit bigger. There is no size difference with the TB on all the years. The Later TB's did allow for IAC air adjustment to set up idle though and that alone is worth the upgrade if you can get it.

Im going to go for the whole motor, If the price is right. I'll take my 90 SC motor I have on the engine stand Now I was going to build off, and put the 95 on. pull the top end off the 95 swap it to the 92 for now and take my time and build the 95.

good idea on burilding the 95 motor..Just make sure to reuse your older timing cover and brakets ect.

The later MAF is larger but its calibrated for stock injector be it 30 or 36. If you want to upgrade injectors with that MAF a tune is reccomended

with this 95 motor is my wiring harness the same as my 92? if I dont buy the whole motor Im grabing the whole top end maybe even the heads. but I think Im going to buy the whole motor

stock maybe a little benifit from late model with injectors but the early with injector change makes power too.

its not a oh my god my face is distorted back type of thing its like a hmm i think i feel a difference type of thing you may feel no difference .

id its soo great a change why is the fastest sc ive seen a 14:85 et car a early model with early stock blower and most if not all 94-95s went low 15s

its a good building block for future porting with its raised inlet just weld an re located bolt holes and it can be made into a mpiii style blower . the early models have lower inlet with that darn outward hump at inlet that lets air fall out at high rpms . the price is great get it if you dont like it ill buy it from you .

good find but stock dont expect too much from it modified it shines like a star .

just my oppinion and not law or total truth just my oppinion is all.

Yesterday I helped my buddy bolt a 95 SC on his 90 SC .. he picked it up with the plenum for $100 at the yard - same place I got my 95 console top for $10.
After installing it and taking it for a test drive, he noticed a difference .. and it pushes 2 more PSI of boost than it did before, even with the stock 94/95 pulley on it. May not be typical for every engine, but we noticed a small difference.

- Dan

94/95 engine has windage tray, full floating gas ported pistons/rod setup, slightly lower compression(potentially thicker decks on the heads).

You will need to transfer all your braketry and timing cover/dampner from your old motor and will need to use your old wiring harness as well. Certain brackets may be interchangable but it isnt worth making a potential error when you have all of the proper ones there already.

Its a great core to start from...If you are doing new pistons/rods then all your dealing with is a windage tray and potentially thicker deck on the 94/95 heads as an upgrade.

Every car Ivebeen in with just the 94/95 blower upgrade has felt substantially stronger

94/95 engine has windage tray, full floating gas ported pistons/rod setup, slightly lower compression(potentially thicker decks on the heads).

You will need to transfer all your braketry and timing cover/dampner from your old motor and will need to use your old wiring harness as well. Certain brackets may be interchangable but it isnt worth making a potential error when you have all of the proper ones there already.

Its a great core to start from...If you are doing new pistons/rods then all your dealing with is a windage tray and potentially thicker deck on the 94/95 heads as an upgrade.

Every car Ivebeen in with just the 94/95 blower upgrade has felt substantially stronger

I thought the later models had slightly higher compression?

Definitely higher 8.7 vs 8.5 I believe. The 94-95 pistons have a shallower dish that the 89-93 pistons do.

well I could of bought the whole motor for $200.00 but my cherry picker is across town they woulnt pull it for me. I wanted to make sure I got the top end so I went ahead and took the blower, intake, injectors,MAF , throttle body, fuel rails for $160.00 hope this makes a difference. If I had a couple buddys and my cherry picker $40.00 more bucks would of got me the whole block

well I could of bought the whole motor for $200.00 but my cherry picker is across town they woulnt pull it for me. I wanted to make sure I got the top end so I went ahead and took the blower, intake, injectors,MAF , throttle body, fuel rails for $160.00 hope this makes a difference. If I had a couple buddys and my cherry picker $40.00 more bucks would of got me the whole block

Man should have ran across town to get that picker.Thata alot of parts you could of had for only 40 bucks.Maybe they'll let you go back later and pull it for just the forty bucks.

Jay

Back